What's new

Pleased w/S&W’s Customer Service!

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Yesterday, I received a clean Mass State Police M&P 45 (4” barrel) trade-in pistol & following its’ initial range session last night, determined that an Apex trigger & replacement springs -recoil & mags included - were in order.

I set out to locate a recoil spring & found that Wolff stocks full-size model (4.5” barrel) springs only & then on a couple different sites, found springs for 4.25” barreled M&P 45s (w/no mention of 2.0 Model designation).

Confused, I called S&W explaining the situation & was asked for the pistol’s S/N … a few minutes later, the associate is back on the line, saying that my 4”-barreled (2011) trade-in is actually a full-size model. He asks for my shipping info & then said that a replacement recoil spring assy. was placed on order, which I assumed meant that it was out of stock. When I asked if he wanted a credit card # he said no, we will ship a recoil spring assy. out today at no cost to you…

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I know I’m a Glock guy, but I’ve shot a vast foray of combat pistol brands. Sig, HK, FN, you name it. And in 9mm, .40 and .45.

Until I got my Springfield 1911 in .45, no other .45 pistol had impressed me more with it’s handling and accuracy then a full sized S&W M&P in .45 from the first time I picked it up.

Another officer let me try it and my first thought was that thing is a brick! Until I put it in my hand and started punching small ragged holes at 20 yards! :)

I’m pretty sure it had stock springs and trigger. Yours should be a tack driver when you replace the trigger and springs.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great to hear! Congrats.

I've also had perfect satisfaction with Henry Repeating Arms, who recently mailed me a new mag tube assembly totally free. And Marlin, who, back in the day, mailed out free a new Camp Carbine stock (with beautiful tiger stripe grain) as the original cracked from weak recoil springs. (Of course I knew all that, bought it already cracked).

AA

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
S&W has been good over the years. Glad your issue is getting resolved. Congrats on the new to you pistol.
Thank you, ctr, I was pleasantly surprised by S&W's old world approach to customer service.

I know I’m a Glock guy, but I’ve shot a vast foray of combat pistol brands. Sig, HK, FN, you name it. And in 9mm, .40 and .45.

Until I got my Springfield 1911 in .45, no other .45 pistol had impressed me more with it’s handling and accuracy then a full sized S&W M&P in .45 from the first time I picked it up.

Another officer let me try it and my first thought was that thing is a brick! Until I put it in my hand and started punching small ragged holes at 20 yards! :)

I’m pretty sure it had stock springs and trigger. Yours should be a tack driver when you replace the trigger and springs.
Up until a month ago, I had never even seen, let alone handled an M&P 45. Spending time with friends & family back in IL, I was at my daughter-in-law's parent's place & knowing my affection for all things firearms-related, her dad asks me what I thought of his new-to-him M&P 45 ... clearing it, he hands it over & my first impression was that ergonomically, aside from an HK VP9 & a Walther PPQ, this M&P is the most comfortable in-the-hand pistol I have ever held!

About a week later, I get an email from Kings in Tennessee and lo & behold, here's this photo of a ($319) Mass St. Police M&P 45 trade-in w/three 10 rd. mags ... ordered it on the spot & upon returning to CO, picked it up, lubed it & took it to the range that evening ... save for one particular magazine, whose final factory (230gr ball; 200gr HP & 185gr SWC) rounds were FTFs, the M&P was very accurate & ran like a scalded dog! While I remain undecided upon which Apex route to take (competition or carry/duty springs only or like-trigger/sear/springs, etc. kits), I have already ordered the OEM recoil spring assy.; a medium OEM backstrap; an OEM striker assy & striker spring bushing; an OEM rear contrast sight & a Warren Tact. fiber-optic front sight to replace the weary night sights and finally, Wolff mag springs & OEM followers.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It’s going to run like a shiny new pistol! :)

I’d grab a set of Talon Grips while you’re at it. The rear pistol grip in that pic looks a little played out to me? :)

Top Bottom