What's new

Please school me on Morris and Forndran

I keep seeing Morris and Forndran brushes but can't find out much about them. How good are they? On par with Shavemac, Simpson, Thater, etc? Is there a website for these brushes? Does one order them directly from the maker? What styles are made?

Any info would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
To order a brush you would have to contact the maker which is Lee Sabini.There is no website to display the brushes but there is a wiki on this forum. I am trying to get in contact with Lee, which is kinda hard to do :biggrin1:. I believe he is the only one making the brushes and taking orders so its a really long waiting list just to even hear back from him. Alot of people get frustrated and just give up and so if your not patient forget about getting one directly from him. Sometimes the brushes pop up every once in a while on the BST, and you might be able to get one if you are fast enough because these brushes sell in minutes on the BST. Since I don't have one I cant really tell you how good it is but alot of people on this forum have been raving about them so I want to try to get one.

I sent you a pm with his e-mail.

Last edited:
I read the long threads of commentary regarding how hard it is to get in touch with Lee, and how it took weeks or longer to get a brush. However, I have tow Morris & Forndran brushes and had a wonderful experience dealing with Lee. He answered my initial emails the next day and I received both brushes within a couple weeks of payment.

I think it's really a "ymmv" type experience when contacting Lee for an order, but I can tell you that the brushes are phenomenal. Even if takes a little effort for you to get your order placed and delivered, believe me, it's well worth the effort.

I have one that I managed to scoop up off of the BST. It's a 2XL gel tip and it is by far the best thing that I've put to my face. I have his email and am holding off *trying* to place an order. I am in the process of getting the wifey exposed to various brushes to see what she would like for her legs. Then I'll probably either order 2 from Lee or order 1 from Lee and a Kent BK12 for the wife. It probably has been harder to keep from pulling the trigger than it would be to wait anxiously for the package to arrive for me. I also need to try and narrow down what I would like as well. Ordering a brush from Lee is a sure bet, all things considered. If you like it then it's money well spent. If you don't then you can sell on the BST in literally minutes.

The M&F brushes are World-CIass!

I was fortunate to be included in the group buy that Chiefbroom organized and the "Chief" was my first M&F brush. The Chief became my favorite brush the first time it hit my face.

I recommend you shoot an e-mail to Lee and continue to do so about once every week or two until he answers. You won't be disappointed. The only downside is that Lee offers his Blond Badger hair and his Heritage hair, they are both excellent but different. You'll want both! Check out the M&F wiki for an idea as to what style handles are available.

My purchase of two additional M&F brushes was my downfall in this year's sabbatical!

Last edited:
I have some questions if anyone can help...
How many handle choices/styles does he have? colors?
heritage and blond badger - which is better for face lathering?
what would you recommend overall for a good face lathering brush from m&f?
what are his prices?
how do his knots compare to shavemac?
i'm also wondering, where does the name morris and forndran come from?

any info would be great!

Hey I am glad people are finding the WIKI page to be helpful :thumbup:

I was coming in to link to it, and saw it was already done.

There are many variations of handle types and handle materials to make your favorite brush. Have fun!!!

Top Bottom