What's new

please review rockwell 2c

Same razor, it only has the plate that gives you settings 1 and 3. 1 very mild. 3 is good, but I like 4 or 5 better.

Imho you should consider the 6c as even Plate 3 is very mild.
I use Plate 6 ob my 6s daily. It's mild but very efficient.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Correct that you should consider the 6C. Having the three plate is fine. Having the one plate is a waste of money in my opinion (far too mild). Would be much better to pay a bit extra to have access to plates 4,5,6.

I can tell you from using the Rockwell 6S exclusively for over a year that IMO the #1 plate is absolutely useless. For super mild on rare occasions I used the #2. I have what would be considered a light/medium growth.

I think you get the idea at this point, but I'll also suggest you go for the 6C, which typically goes for $50.00.
The difference between the 6S and 6C is that the S is made from Stainless Steel and the C is made from Zinc Alloy that has been chrome plated.

You could get away with a 2C, which would be a very mild razor, but by spending the extra money you get four additional settings to experiment with. I've got the 6C and typically shave with the #3 plate. For me, it's a great setting for an every day shaver. You can get a DFS with very little effort and no irritation. If you want to get a BBS shave, you can also achieve that with a three pass shave and some clean-up passes. However, if you really want BBS, it would be easier to jump to one of the higher plates that come with the 6S or 6C.

I just find the Rockwell a super comfortable shaver that is well crafted and very forgiving, especially at Plates #4 and below. Today I had about 1.5 days of growth and decided to just tidy up with a quick pass with plate #2. For me #2 feels like there isn't even a blade in the razor. After one pass, and a quick clean-up I was very presentable and had absolutely zero irritation. For Monday, I'll go back to the #3 plate and after 2 passes and some clean-up, be good to go for work, somewhere between DFS and BBS, which is great, plus no irritation.

OF course, it's always YMMV, plus what blade you're utilizing, but I have found that the 6C gives a good shave with almost any blade.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I was going to link my review but saw you already did it :)

Having used the Rockwell razors for quite a while now, I'd never recommend the 2C, as 6C just makes a whole lot more sense. All 6 settings for an extra $20.

I actually purchased the other two plates so now I'm back to the 6C as I found R3 on the 6C as causing me to apply pressure. I use R6 on the 6C and R4 on the 6S.

I rate the karve and Rockwell 6S as my two all time favorite razors. Both have a matte finish, which is a bonus as I don't much like shiny things.

So yeah, OP should go with the 6C but look out for the 20% discount codes floating around.

Last edited:
The 6C is made of zamak, i.e. zinc alloy, like a lot of the cheaper mass-produced razors. Zamak has to be plated or it disintegrates. The critical point is usually the thread, and if there are quality control issues the thread can go and the handle just turns around uselessly in the top cap. This is what happened to my 6C. The thread on the top cap was still good so I used another handle. The baseplates are very good and most use #4-6. The 2C offers you absolutely nothing - it's a very mild zamak razor which are $15 all day on AliExpress. The Yintal Bronze off AliExpress is ten times better, efficient and the top cap and handle are brass. But I'd look at getting a Fatip Piccolo, Grande or Retro. Brass and will last and last. Alignment issues seem to have been solved on the newer models.

I rate the karve and Rockwell 6S as my two all time favorite razors.
+1
Rockwell 6s with plate 5 and the Karve with F plate are just incredibly good (efficient & smooth) for me. The Karve has a touch more blade feel... The Rockwell is so smooooth

+1
Rockwell 6s with plate 5 and the Karve with F plate are just incredibly good (efficient & smooth) for me. The Karve has a touch more blade feel... The Rockwell is so smooooth

WOW you're using plate F on the karve?
I've got C and D. The C is not efficient enough but the D is perfect for my skin and stubble combo.
Efficiency wise I could go to E but my skin probably won't take it well.

The 6S on R4 is excellent. I'm quite certain the head heavy design of the Rockwell leads to better efficiency, just like the merkur progress (which I also have and like).

Now let's see how the Fine Marvel does. I've got one delivered at my parent's place so will be a while before I can try it out, along with a Leaf "DE cartridge" razor. Can't wait to try this one as I was always a big fan of the mach 3 pivot.

Top Bottom