What's new

Please recommend pipe tobacco scented soap

Hello,
I have tried RazoRock's Santa Maria del Fiore (which is excellent) but I'm looking to see if there is something else less pricey and more available .

I went to a grocery store where they had a bunch of those hand made soaps and was reminded how much I like the scent of tobacco. I *don't* like the smell of cigarettes mind you.

To let you know my preferences, I like TOBs Avocado for its performance and Jeremyn Street for the scent. I have not tried Tabac (though I've heard it isn't much of a tobacco scent). I don't really care if the product is a cream or a soap, just that it performs well and has a great tobacco scent.

Thanks in advance for the help

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
shaving-soap-cavendish-artisan-shaving-soap-phoenix-artisan-accoutrements-shaving-soap-1_512x.jpg

Hello,
I have tried RazoRock's Santa Maria del Fiore (which is excellent) but I'm looking to see if there is something else less pricey and more available .

I went to a grocery store where they had a bunch of those hand made soaps and was reminded how much I like the scent of tobacco. I *don't* like the smell of cigarettes mind you.

To let you know my preferences, I like TOBs Avocado for its performance and Jeremyn Street for the scent. I have not tried Tabac (though I've heard it isn't much of a tobacco scent). I don't really care if the product is a cream or a soap, just that it performs well and has a great tobacco scent.

Thanks in advance for the help

I created a thread best tobacco scented soap. There are a ton of suggestions in that thread. I also created one in the cream section.

PAA Cavendish is always recommended for pipe tobacco scents, it has the scent but
is way too sweet for me. YMMV of course
Edit; I also have Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars, very nice scent

I agree with the PAA Cavendish recommendations. There are tons of different pipe tobaccos, so it depends on what specifically you are looking for. Cavendish is on the sweeter side.

RazoRock Puros

"In late 2014, we found two wonderful tobacco fragrance oils. We couldn't decide which fragrance to use so we had a RazoRock "Tobacco Challenge". We wanted our loyal RazoRock clients to decide which fragrance they preferred. After a few months of emails, it was clear which fragrance was the resounding winner and now this fragrance is the signature scent of our RazoRock Puros"

I've never tried, and sure won't, the Cavendish. I do own and really enjoy RazoRock Puros. It has an excellent performance and smells really good. More of a hay scent than tobacco to my nose, which is still really quite nice and unique. I also own Stirling Gentleman and wow, o wow. What a great scent it has. It's a blend of Tobacco, Vanilla, Amber and Musk. I can't get enough of it. The performance is, of course,,, stellar.

There's a brand called Uncle Jon's that has a pipe smoke variety that really does smell an awful lot like pipe tobacco. Great soap, great scent, pairs nicely with a vanilla scent.

The problem with pipe tobacco scents is that there are so many different kinds of pipe tobacco, from burley and bright, to cavendish flavored tobaccos, to the heavily smoked Latikia which reminds me of Islay single malt Scotch. One pipe tobacco scent soap that I like is Wet Shaving Products Blackbeard. It is kind of a blend of bay rum and Cavendish pipe tobacco.

They also have a Tobacco scent, but that is more of a tobacco flower scent than a pipe tobacco scent.

Although not strictly a pipe tobacco, I just purchased a tub of Cognac and Cuban Cigar soap from Henri et Victoria. It is a very nice scent.

Not meaning to high jack the thread but @RayClem can you tell if this soap smells strong or a weak but 'scent stays throughout' the shave strong? I prefer strong smelling soaps and hesitant to pull trigger on this one. Thanks

Not meaning to high jack the thread but @RayClem can you tell if this soap smells strong or a weak but 'scent stays throughout' the shave strong? I prefer strong smelling soaps and hesitant to pull trigger on this one. Thanks

I purchased the soap at the Maggard meet, but my wife would not let me have it until Father's Day. My plan is to use it to shave lather this afternoon. From the puck, I would say it is mid-strong. Since I have not yet lathered it, I do not know whether it will be more or less strong on the face. I have sensitive skin and avoid most heavily scented soaps.

Cognac & Cuban Cigars is a very nice scent, one of my best. The scent strength is fine, I actually find
most soaps to be on the mildly scented side anyway. It performs well and is worthy of any shave den.
I also have the matching aftershave which is good. One thing about the scent that adds to the quality
is that it does not smell artificial. You won't regret the purchase.

Top Bottom