What's new

Please recommend me some easy shaver

Dear gents in this forum,
I own ATT SE1 (aluminum), Windsor R/H. They are awesome and never let me down.
I often need a quick shave in weekdays and reach for Gillette pre war Tech or Razorock Baby Smooth (aluminum).
In my experiences, the latter one is more efficient and smoother than the former one.
Now I want to get a razor to step up from RR Baby Smooth in efficiency.
The following razors are considered.
1. Rockwell 6C: Get many praises here.
2. RR BBS: I own an aluminum version. SS seems to be superfluous.
3. RR GC68: I wonder SB is too inefficient. Could OC or Jaws be too much?
4. RR GC84 SB: Get many praises here. I think GC84 OC/Jaws may be too much.
5. ATT S1: I own this razor before, but sold it. I remember it is a bit too inefficient.
6. ATT S2: Some gents report this to be too harsh.

Your opinions are highly appreciated.

I think you'd be surprised at home much different the baby smooth in stainless would be compared with the baby smooth in aluminum, but I haven't tried either. I just think that weight does make a difference for most shavers.

The RR GC68 open comb or the RRGC 84 might be good choices.

Super smooth yet still super efficient:

1. Rockwell 6S Plate 4 and 5 (for me, the 5 is the King).
2. RR GC84 SB: Steep angle, great shaves!
these two razors consistently deliver great smooth shaves, whether it's at 4:30 in the morning or at 10am or at 6 in the evening

You can't go wrong with the Rockwell 6C and Razorock GC 0.84 both are super smooth yet efficient shavers...my two go to razors atm

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Of the razors you listed, my personal choice is the RazoRock GC84-P (SB).

20200815_114922~2.jpg
20200725_161545~2.jpg

Great razor, reasonably priced.

YMMV :)

I've lost count of how many razors I've owned, but the best blend of smoothness and efficiency that I've ever used has been the humble RazoRock Tech II or DE1 (same head, different handle). Both handles are nothing to write home about, which isn't surprising given their $8.00 price point, but I have heaps of donor handles. It's currently on a stainless steel handle that cost twice as much it did. When I made my century club attempt, this was the razor I reached for (paired with a Nacet).

I bought 4 of these beauties when they went on sale for $5.00 during Black Friday a few years ago so that I'll never be without one.

If you're looking for something a little more up-market, I've found that my RR Game Changer .68 in stainless steel delivers a pretty similar (though slightly less smooth) shave. I have a first gen RR Mamba in stainless as well, which is a competent shaver but it favors smoothness over efficiency a bit too much for my taste (.53mm gap?). You might consider the Mamba 70 with the .7mm gap though if you liked the RR Baby Smooth but are looking for something more aggressive.

YMMV

proxy.php

Last edited:
Dear gents in this forum,
I own ATT SE1 (aluminum), Windsor R/H. They are awesome and never let me down.
I often need a quick shave in weekdays and reach for Gillette pre war Tech or Razorock Baby Smooth (aluminum).
In my experiences, the latter one is more efficient and smoother than the former one.
Now I want to get a razor to step up from RR Baby Smooth in efficiency.
The following razors are considered.
1. Rockwell 6C: Get many praises here.
2. RR BBS: I own an aluminum version. SS seems to be superfluous.
3. RR GC68: I wonder SB is too inefficient. Could OC or Jaws be too much?
4. RR GC84 SB: Get many praises here. I think GC84 OC/Jaws may be too much.
5. ATT S1: I own this razor before, but sold it. I remember it is a bit too inefficient.
6. ATT S2: Some gents report this to be too harsh.

Your opinions are highly appreciated.
I had a Rockwell 6s, RR Mamba70, RR GC.84SB, RRGC.068OC. All fine razors. I sold them all after using a Fatip Gold Grande. My favourite razor.

I’m using a Fatip Lo Storto Slant now, of the razors I’ve used the most efficient and comfortable.

A Grande is reasonably priced and worth a try. I find it to be an efficient very well balanced razor. I was using it head to head against the RRGC.068OC, and Yaqi Mellon (a milder razor). For me the Grande easily performed better efficiency and comfort wise. There are many threads on Fatips to check out. I used a Voskhod mostly in the Grande. It worked well for me.

Attachments

• 81138497-D251-42D3-ABDD-4E876BD99DAA.jpeg
    81138497-D251-42D3-ABDD-4E876BD99DAA.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 9

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Get a Karve Brass plate C. If you have a handle, you can just order the head. Cost would be between $60-$70.

RazoRock Mamba 70 is also a good razor...might be a little on the mild side. I use Kai SS blades on mine to kick the efficiency up a tad...those razor blades are ever so slightly wider than the norm. RazoRock Mamba 70 special is $49.95...they say there's some minor flaw on it somewhere...I couldn't find anything on mine, so if there is an issue...it's barely perceptible.

I am very grateful for all gents' valuable opinions.
I am a little shocked to find that Mamba 70 has been mentioned several times.
Could it be too mild for me?
Some gents reported Mamba 70 to be milder than Baby Smooth.
Besides, how about GC68 OC vs. GC84 ?
Thanks a bunch.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pick up a tuck of Kai SS blades and try them in the razors you have. See if they make a difference in efficiency.

Out of those you mention, I have had a Rockwell 6C (sold it), ATT S2, and GC 84 (but the OC). For what you have described, I would point you to the GC 84 SB on your list.

The Fatip Lo Storto Originale (FOCS) is no joke, though. You might like it very much and the price is very reasonable.

Personally I ditched the Rockwell 6S as I was just much more pleased with my shaves using the Gamechangers. I think the 68 and 84 safety bar versions are great. If your skin is not easily irritated, the 84 is your easiest and best bet, otherwise I’d recommend the 68. I hear the 68 open comb is just fantastic. I should have purchased that, but made the mistake of getting the 68JAWS (the black sheep of the Gamechanger lineup).

Rockwell 6C is a great choice. Just a great razor at a very reasonable price. However, if you were to expand your list, consider a slant like Merkur 39C. Efficient but smooth, my new favorite.

The Rockwell 6s and the G.C. .84P are both fantastic razors and reasonably priced. I would also mention the Karve S.S. More expensive but a fine shaver.

Top Bottom