What's new

Please recommend me second synthetic brush

Dear B&B gents,
My first synthetic brush is Edwin Jagger STF XL.
It splays perfectly and has moderate backbone.
I am going to buy another one in the forthcoming holidays and now considering the following two:
1. Chubby 2 synthetic
2. Shavemac synthetic

I really hope it cannot be a lather hog.
Your opinions are highly appreciated.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The Chubby 2 is the best synthetic I have tried. It has plenty of backbone but can be difficult to splay. I usually start the splay on the point of my chin and once started it lathers like a dream.

BST has a nice selection of synthetics from
Omega, Yaqi, and Epsilon just yearning for a new home. Great prices too.

The Chubby 2 is the best synthetic I have tried. It has plenty of backbone but can be difficult to splay. I usually start the splay on the point of my chin and once started it lathers like a dream.

This is really good advice. Thanks You! And I can confirm the Chubby synth is a fantastic brush. Shop around for the best price, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Shavemac Synthie with a 24mm knot, 52 mm Loft, Fan. It performs excellent, in particular while bowl lathering but very well while face lathering as well (although I mostly lather in a bowl).

as it is made according to your order it might take a while until you get it but you can define your combination of knot and loft.

i can only recommend the Shavemac.

mycroft

If you like the STF fibre, look at the Frank Shaving G4, same quality fibres with a loft set shorter than the Muhle/EJ.

I have three synths: the EJ synth, the RazoRock Plissoft and a Fendrihan synth. All three are nice. If you are looking to add one, I would recommend the RR Plissoft. Inexpensive and a fine brush with just the right amount of backbone and good splay.

Top Bottom