What's new

Please recommend me Bay Rum fragrances

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
They're all good Bay Rum...Thor's Hammer has a more traditional, homemade kind of Bay Rum scent. They also have it with a good shot of lime. Stirling is heavy on nutmeg and in that sense it's very different from other Bay Rum I've tried and I've tried quite a few. I happen to love Stirling Bay Rum...one of my favorites. I have five bottles of it just waiting in the wings. PAA Atomic Age is a great scent, one of those Bay Rums that you have to experience. Chances are you'll be re-ordering it when it's gone because you won't want to be without it. To my nose Atomic Age is the sweetest of those three, but when I say that, I don't mean it's intensely sweet...it's very nice. As far as staying power...of those three...I'd have to give the nod to Atomic Age. I am also a Bootleggers fan and always have it on hand and reach for it occasionally. It's good stuff.

One quick note, if it hasn't already been said in this thread...Bay Rum is a fleeting scent by nature. So, expecting a Bay Rum to remain floating about you like a gas cloud throughout the day...well...probably not. If you're looking for that kind of staying power from a Bay Rum, you might want to order, not only the aftershave, but also the cologne/edt. Not sure offhand if Thor's Hammer offers a cologne, but the other two do. Although Stirling may be in the midst of discontinuing their Bay Rum edt. If I'm not mistaken, it's currently on sale. I think they're trying to sell the remaining stock off. I just picked up a second bottle of it about two weeks ago.
This is a perfect answer. Thank you so much.

It looks like atomic age is in my future.

Alright, I have found this thread to bump rather than creating a new one.

I have and love Bootlegger's. It is pretty much the perfect smelling scent. I am now looking for something to complement it.

I don't know whether it is considered clovey. What ever it is is incredible.

But now I want something with more staying power. Not that will offend co-workers, but just that I can smell on myself.

The short list contains Atomic Abe, Stirling, and Thor's hammer.

Is anyone able to compare these three??

You heard the man. JCarr is the official, unofficial Bay Rum guru 'round these parts.

I'll add though that Ogallala Bay Rum's double-strength cologne has great staying power, and won't break the bank.

Ogallala Bay Rum's double-strength cologne has great staying power, and won't break the bank.
It has been a while, but I pretty much like the Ogallala products. I really like the guy who runs the place.

I remember posting a long time ago that I thought the double strength BR had a lot of cinnamon and cloves in it. I do not think at this point I would be able to tell. I have not kept my nose in good shape for that type of thing. That is not such a bad thing. It is sort of traditional for some BRs to have those spices in them. I think I will hold to the thought that pure bay rum is inherently rather fleeting.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
It has been a while, but I pretty much like the Ogallala products. I really like the guy who runs the place.

I remember posting a long time ago that I thought the double strength BR had a lot of cinnamon and cloves in it. I do not think at this point I would be able to tell. I have not kept my nose in good shape for that type of thing. That is not such a bad thing. It is sort of traditional for some BRs to have those spices in them. I think I will hold to the thought that pure bay rum is inherently rather fleeting.
Long ago I got the Ogallala sample pack.

I liked it.

I also like Superior 70.

I just like Bay Rum.

I picked up a few different bay rums and the shipment came in today. I have
  • Ogallala Bay Rum
  • Royall Bay Rhum 57 edt
  • PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
I also have Clubman Bay Rum that I had bought some time ago. I tried Atomic Age Bay Rum after a shave, and boy did that wake me up!

I have enough now that I could near bathe in this stuff and I'll still have enough to last 6 years.

I picked up a few different bay rums and the shipment came in today. I have
  • Ogallala Bay Rum
  • Royall Bay Rhum 57 edt
  • PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
I also have Clubman Bay Rum that I had bought some time ago. I tried Atomic Age Bay Rum after a shave, and boy did that wake me up!

I have enough now that I could near bathe in this stuff and I'll still have enough to last 6 years.

That's a fine lineup!! That Royall edt sticks around a long time on me. ENJOY!

Top Bottom