What's new

Please recommend me a synthetic brush!!

Another vote for the Yaqi Sagrada Familia from me! Very reasonably priced and I love the handle. I haven’t used anything else since I tried it a fair while ago. Quick drying too - so great for travel also!

Big fan of the RazoRock Plissofts here. I have 5 of them. They are soft, come in a wide variety of widths and sizes and a ton of different handles. And they are very reasonably priced. I have the regular Plissoft, Bruce (regular size), Monster, Beehive, and the 400 with butterscotch handle and noir knot. They are worth checking out.

I use a Rockwell synthetic brush and like it. But, it is also the only brush I have ever used. The cost was $15 US. I have been using it almost two years and it has not given off any bristles, but I am also careful with it. I had made lather in a bowl, but am now making it on my face.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I suggest a brand from the UK whose first letter is "S". They are making a great line of budget Synthetic brushes whose name celebrates the British victory over Napoleon. First letter is "T"...

I suggest a brand from the UK whose first letter is "S". They are making a great line of budget Synthetic brushes whose name celebrates the British victory over Napoleon. First letter is "T"...

Yes, I really like the look of those. Made in England too.

This. My T2 is a great brush (although I recently spent a considerable amount more for a Chubby 2 which I like just a bit better).

I just got a Yaqi segrada familia 24mm tuxedo In the mail. I should have done more research before I placed an order because I'm not sure I like it...at least not yet...a bit too big and WAY too dense.

That being said, I bet most shavers would like it. It's certainly high quality for what I paid. So I do recommend Yaqi for synthetics... Just do a better job of researching the different knots than I did.
The Sagrada Familia is basically made to be like a synthetich chubby brush. So, it is working as intended.

Seems like Yaqis and Razorocks get a lot of praise on here for the $. I have a Razorock on the way now.

If you're wanting a brush that looks a little fancy pants but is still affordable, the Viking White Knight is like $32 on amazon and is very classy. I've used that brush for years. Works well, no shedding. Originally, I thought it was a little to harsh and prickly on my very sensitive face but I've realized a) I press too hard and b) I am bowl lathering now so its a little less of a big deal.

I've owned mine for about 3 years, has held up very well, never sheds a bristle, and looks pretty classy.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The only brush I use.

Screenshot_2020-09-03 Maggard Razors 22mm Black Handle Shaving Brush Synthetic Maggard Razors ...png

Maggard 22mm Plissoft type. Which I believe, is made for them by Yaqi.

I've been using mine around two years now exclusively. It hasnt lost a single bristle. Zero scritch, enough backbone for me, light scrub and incredibly soft. Its as soft as the tips of my Yaqi Silvertip badger and loads hard soaps twice as fast as my Omega boar.

Top Bottom