What's new

Please recommend blades for my new Henson Mild

I've been getting sample packs from tryablade.com. I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that most blades are going to work well with the Henson. I ordered the medium Henson a few hours ago. I'm also beginning to think that the blades that I liked in my Gillette Techs are going to work well here, i.e., Gillette Silver Blues, the green 7 o'clock Stainless Steels, ect.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I think its really cool, that so many of us are talking about Henson razors all of the sudden. I'll personally take the credit if more people are buying Henson razors because I turned them onto them, step right up to your rabbit hole, cannonball in, find your Henson AL13 razor. 😝

I just got my new Henson razor, in the mail yesterday. My full report bellow.
Henson AL13 Medium Steel Blue Aluminum DE Razor (Just Ordered) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/henson-al13-medium-steel-blue-aluminum-de-razor-just-ordered.625984/post-11819918

But for a super duper summarization...

(1) Henson AL13 Medium Razor
(2) Wizamet Super Iridium blade
(3) Smooth BBS shave achieved

I think its really cool, that so many of us are talking about Henson razors all of the sudden. I'll personally take the credit if more people are buying Henson razors because I turned them onto them, step right up to your rabbit hole, cannonball in, find your Henson AL13 razor. 😝

I just got my new Henson razor, in the mail yesterday. My full report bellow.
Henson AL13 Medium Steel Blue Aluminum DE Razor (Just Ordered) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/henson-al13-medium-steel-blue-aluminum-de-razor-just-ordered.625984/post-11819918

But for a super duper summarization...

(1) Henson AL13 Medium Razor
(2) Wizamet Super Iridium blade
(3) Smooth BBS shave achieved
funny, I ordered the medium yesterday and shaved with Kai blades in my mild Henson today. I dunno, Sig Solo and Geo Fat boy on youtube say there is little or no difference. I don't think I need much more aggressive than the Kai blades in the mild, but I will be trying the medium soon.

Man, you're right about the Kai blades in the Henson mild. I also ordered the Henson medium yesterday, because I just had to see, you know? I'm not sure I would have done that if I had tried the Kai blades first. I'm not sure I want to get more aggressive than that.
Don't worry, I use the Kai blades in my +++! The blade angle of the Henson makes the extra blade exposure grow down as well as out, making it feel less than expected. The medium is still a very safe design, I am looking forward to your review. Hopefully they send you the newest version.

Don't worry, I use the Kai blades in my +++! The blade angle of the Henson makes the extra blade exposure grow down as well as out, making it feel less than expected. The medium is still a very safe design, I am looking forward to your review. Hopefully they send you the newest version.
Wait, what? There's an old and a new version of the Henson? I just got my Henson Mild 3 or 4 weeks ago. I hope the medium I ordered is the same, just a medium, you know? What's up with old and new version?

Wait, what? There's an old and a new version of the Henson? I just got my Henson Mild 3 or 4 weeks ago. I hope the medium I ordered is the same, just a medium, you know? What's up with old and new version?
You better start reading the Henson Razor Club posts again, I thought you knew this... you will likely get the newest version as that's pictured on their website. It's a minor change, the geometry is the same.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
You better start reading the Henson Razor Club posts again, I thought you knew this... you will likely get the newest version as that's pictured on their website. It's a minor change, the geometry is the same.

I agree, any modern day purchase of a Henson razor, will be a new one. These razors are popular enough that old stock sells out pretty fast, so you can be rest assured, its not going to be the old ones. If you go to my post I linked to, you will see all the detailed pictures of the modern day Henson razor, hopefully that answers any questions that one might have about the modern Henson. I even got a few pictures of it with the blade installed too.

I gotta be honest, I had no idea I was going to love my new Henson razor as much as I have. Very smooth shaving razor, with the right blade in it of course. Hopefully, you will find happiness, with your medium aggression Henson razor @Mike Williams :)

Sorry this is late, here is the beginning of the discussion on the design change.

It should go to the correct post

Top Bottom