What's new

Please recommend a decent, cheap synthetic brush.

Here is a nice brush by RazoRock for only $18.00. It has a 24mm knot. I have these and very nice to use.

RazoRock.jpg

For a decent and inexpensive synthetic brush, I would also recommend the Stirling brush that @Vulcan Bubbles pictured in post #6 of this thread. It was my first synth & I still use it often.
I’ll third the Stirling 2-band. Really pleased with mine; great looker and performer for the money.

I have two Yaqui brushes that are so good I gave away a badge and put away a boar brush. I have a 24mm tuxedo and a 22mm plissoft Cola a wet shaving shop owner I bought them from regularly uses the Cola. I think it is discontinued but still available. The red handled tuxedo tips are very soft and there is just enough backbone both are very inexpensive at less than $15. I like them enough that I have ordered a Yaqui 30mm barber pole.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements gets a lot of good reviews. I know some people who have their brushes and swear by them. I'm tempted by the Atomic Rocket with the larger handle, myself.

My favourite is the Boti motherload from AliExpress. It is a very soft brush. As one review says 'like brushing your face with a kitten '.
Do you have any criteria you want from the brush? Size, backbone, scritch, etc?

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Yaqi make some decent cheap brushes if you don't mind the wait, the Purple Haze and Evil Zebra are my favourites. I am in Europe and since the import tax went on Yaqi brushes aren't that competitive any more. The Simpsons Trafalgar range are excellent and won't break the bank, but after trying a Muhle STF (unfortunately a much more expensive brush) I have come to appreciate how well a high end brush can perform.

A slightly higher option is to go to AP Shave Co. and buy a handle from the scratch and dent and then pick out a knot. Andrew will set it for you, but don't forget to select this free option. I got one from there and it was not a lot more than a Yaqi. I think the handle was $6.99. Then you add in whatever knot that you want.

Top Bottom