What's new

Please post a pics of Moss Scuttle small vs. large

Hey guys and gals,

I'm basically love warm lather. In fact I build a contraption that consists of a bowl and a large cup to get the same lather warming effect. However I'm still wondering if Moss Scuttle would be a better solution while adding a unique aura of a custom shaving piece.

However, because Moss Scuttle is shipped all the way from Canada, I want to research exactly what I'm getting. Criteria I'm looking for is the size of large vs small scuttle. Interior bowl size compared to my AOS medium sized brush, or any other high quality brush of up to 23mm size. Aesthetics etc.

I also found, after a week of trying, that I mostly like to develop lather on my face as it massages my face in the process while getting plenty of lather on a brush for a second pass.

Thanks in advance for your opinions :)

23MM shavemac + small scuttle = Perfection*

The scuttle is a docking station for your lather filled brush:biggrin:

*YMMV

Hmm, I'm :confused: - that Shavemac looks right at home in the large scuttle, so how does the small one fares? pDoctor - is it possible to swirl brush in the scuttle while holding it - or is too big and heavy?

I have the large scuttle, and use it for small, medium and large brushes. I dont' find the bowl adequate for building the lather, so I still do that in my mixing bowl, and then transfer it to the scuttle. Works perfectly!

Randy

Goosemeplease said:
23MM shavemac + small scuttle = Perfection*

The scuttle is a docking station for your lather filled brush:biggrin:

*YMMV

Exhibit A: note the bowl to whip it up prior to docking!

bbBuddy said:
Hmm, I'm :confused: - that Shavemac looks right at home in the large scuttle, so how does the small one fares? pDoctor - is it possible to swirl brush in the scuttle while holding it - or is too big and heavy?

I would never consider holding the scuttle and swirling the brush in it; filled with water it is way too heavy...at least for me! The scuttle weighs 1 pound, 8 ounces empty and 2 pounds, 4 ounces fiiled with water. In addition, the water would be sloshing out and making a big mess. I set mine on top of a mug warmer and then swirl, however, Randy's system of building a lather in a bowl and transferring it to the scuttle probably works best.

Top Bottom