What's new

Please pick three brands of shaving soaps for your life

I'll terrible at describing scents...but I'll try.

The scent is not strong at all. It smells fresh and masculine - a little citrus and perhaps a hint of cologne. This is a cream you buy for the performance (slickness, protection and post-shave), not for the strength of its scent.
Thats not a bad description of the scent I figure, but why you use is it is bang on. It really is a great performer vs a “scent maker.”

Somehow I don’t think @les24preludes it’s a cream for you though if scent is so paramount.

By the way, it’s originally an odd yellow color until the air hits it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I only use three soaps:
Arko stick, shaved and pressed into a bowl. Love this soap.
Cella, kilo. Another Fantastic soap
New type of the Williams Mug Soap mixed with 1/2 bar Dove (Shea Butter or Cucumber). I'd never mix the vintage Williams but the new stuff needs a tweak. Mixing it with Dove surprisingly makes a fast few second lathering, slick, long lasting, hydrating soap and I get a nice scent, inexpensive too.
Give Williams a mix with Arko and make a pot of Wilko - great soap. Arko lather with Williams slick!

Thats not a bad description of the scent I figure, but why you use is it is bang on. It really is a great performer vs a “scent maker.”

Somehow I don’t think @les24preludes it’s a cream for you though if scent is so paramount.

By the way, it’s originally an odd yellow color until the air hits it.

A friend of mine who has MdC, Nuavia (as do I), and the usual shoe holder full of soaps from various artisans behind his bathroom door, told me about it while I was looking at his stash. He mentioned that it was his best soap. I figured I should give it a try since he owned a lot more soaps than I did. He was right. Now I only use my other soaps when I want to change things around. When I'm looking for a great shave I only use Baume.Be.

The scent is also very nice, but it is not very potent.

Wow, so many fellow wet-shavers still want to smell like Peter Wyngarde in 2019 :001_tt2:
1971_Tabac.jpg

Top Bottom