What's new

Please help me identify these Schick razors

I currently got a Schick L1 and a Supply injector razor. But I've been browsing the web and I found two Schick injector razors for sale that I'm a little curious about. Specifically what type they are. So I was hoping to get some help from people with more knowledge.

The first one looks like this:

eversharp.jpg

The seller says it is from the 1950's. I believe this is a G model?

The other one is more unusual if you ask me, in particular the handle:

schickrazor2.jpg

schickrazor1.jpg

The seller says that it is made during the 1940's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Both razors appear to me to be Schick Injector Type G, made 1945 to 1955.

I can't vouch for the cases, as over time sometimes razors wind up in mismatched cases. The Type G is a medium aggression injector razor.

I would have to see the other side of the razor to be certain but the butterscotch one could be a type E. In which circumstance it belongs in the brown leatherette case. That case is for the E types. The turquoise handled razor is definitely a type G5.

First razor might be a Type E. Type G have plastic handles (IIRC). I don't see a seam in the handle. Might be bakelite. More pictures would help.

Either way, both great razors.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I currently got a Schick L1 and a Supply injector razor. But I've been browsing the web and I found two Schick injector razors for sale that I'm a little curious about. Specifically what type they are. So I was hoping to get some help from people with more knowledge.

The first one looks like this:

View attachment 1118989

The seller says it is from the 1950's. I believe this is a G model?

The other one is more unusual if you ask me, in particular the handle:

View attachment 1118994
View attachment 1118995

The seller says that it is made during the 1940's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think the butterscotch razor is from the 1930s & 40'S
& the turquoise is from the 1950's and have to agree with @Whiterook on his evaluation of what models they are.

If the razor has a single patent number on the reverse side, then it is a Type E. Your type G will have two patent numbers on it. These are both nice examples, by the way.

That first one looks like a type G1 to me, but check for as patents like @Whiterook said. The second is a G5, and a nice one. The case is an E case. I don't think it belongs with either, but it's really nice condition.

20200624_000012.jpg

Here's mine. The top left is an E3 and under it is a G1 and next to the E is a G4 in the plastic case. The E case looks like yours when closed. Nice find!

Last edited:
That first one looks like a type G1 to me, but check for as patents like @Whiterook said. The second is a G5, and a nice one. The case is an E case. I don't think it belongs with either, but it's really nice condition.

View attachment 1119112

Here's mine. The top left is an E3 and under it is a G1 and next to the E is a G4 in the plastic case. The E case looks like yours when closed. Nice find!

Ah, sorry. Perhaps I didn't write properly, I havent bought any of them, only discovered a seller that sells them.

And thanks everybody for the information. Think I'll try and see if the seller can confirm the thing about the patent numbers. :)

Top Bottom