What's new

Please help me decide which Martin de Candre (MdC) to get: Rose Vs. Vetyver

Just want to say a BIG thanks to all who helped me with MdC choice.

The soap arrived today, along with another item that I'll be using for the very first time.

This, as a matter of fact, looks like the "match made in heaven".

1626352730759.png

Thanks to @DaveHStone, I received a sample of MdC Rose and had my first shave with it. First of all, I was actually able to load the brush out of a tiny sample container no problem. Second, it takes so little soap. I measured about a third of a gram! Even if I am off and it's closer to 0.5, that's 400 shaves per container! Finally, I am just speechless about the shave. I just don't understand how a soap with so few ingredients works so well. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than SV, but definitely a different experience. This completely upends the tallow soap buying spree I was about to embark on. I just... :crazy:

Thanks to @DaveHStone, I received a sample of MdC Rose and had my first shave with it. First of all, I was actually able to load the brush out of a tiny sample container no problem. Second, it takes so little soap. I measured about a third of a gram! Even if I am off and it's closer to 0.5, that's 400 shaves per container! Finally, I am just speechless about the shave. I just don't understand how a soap with so few ingredients works so well. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than SV, but definitely a different experience. This completely upends the tallow soap buying spree I was about to embark on. I just... :crazy:
You're welcome @APBinNCA!

My first impressions were very similar - love at first sight. MdC Rose is simply outstanding.

Besides the (obvious) quality of being a GREAT shaving soap performance wise, I find the scent so mild that I can easily pair it with ANY aftershave in my den... and then some. One of my favorite combos is with TOBS Bay Rum. It's magic! Here's my yesterday's shave 😊

1629015522673.png

Besides the (obvious) quality of being a GREAT shaving soap performance wise, I find the scent so mild that I can easily pair it with ANY aftershave in my den...
That's literally all I could think about last night. I have found that this is the magic of EO based fragrances, if they put enough in them. You get an enjoyable scent when shaving and a blank slate afterwards. I have plans to use this with Mysore sandalwood aftershave, possibly with a drop of rose EO added into my palm.

Top Bottom