What's new

Please help identify this vintage Gillette razor

Hello all,
I've got my eye on the razor you see in the pics. All it says in the add is "vintage Gillette razor".
I cannot see any info on the razor itself due to picture quality, but the handle strongly resembles that of a Merkur 1904.
Could this be a Frankenstein product or did Gillette actually make this handle at some point?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
20210302_132427.jpg
20210302_132410.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It looks like a post war tech head on a non Gillette handle. I could be very wrong as I am no expert.

Bigfoot, thanks. That's a round handle by the looks of it,. not a so called hexagonal one as in my pics. The bottom bolt or knob also seems different?

Of course that handle is not a Gillette. The head with that type of logo has been made from 1961 to 1965 for sure. Look at the bottom plate. If there is a letter and number code, it might even be a German one.
P.S. Sorry, but just noticed another thing. That bottom plate doesn't belong to the top plate. So all 3 parts are different.

Of course that handle is not a Gillette. The head with that type of logo has been made from 1961 to 1965 for sure. Look at the bottom plate. If there is a letter and number code, it might even be a German one.
P.S. Sorry, but just noticed another thing. That bottom plate doesn't belong to the top plate. So all 3 parts are different.
Oh wow, thanks! Definitely passing on this one then!

Top Bottom