What's new

Please help id British Gillette Rocket

Hello,

thank you both. Jacquers, it looks like a TV Special handle mated with a US style head, but it has no patent stamp.

Adam
Hello Adam.my canadian market k-1 and k-4 have the thin head with u.s end caps,but they have the regular knurling not tv type.both have the same "rocket" style knob/mechanism and are both made in england.could yours be a brit market version made after the rhodium plated ones in '62.? cheers.Brit.

There is neither a patent number nor an aggression level ("II" or so) on the razor. Only "Made in England" and the Gillette Logo.
proxy.php

proxy.php
I have one of these, or at least it looks exactly like this one, except the knurling section above the TTO knob is Rhodium plated. A much more whitish, silvery color compared to the TTO knob and the razor head. I believe it is a late TV special, but who knows for sure?

I once bought a mint rhodium Aristocrat #21 set and this razor came free in the package.
While the shave was ok (very mild), that was the first time I experienced this kind of hydraulic
TTO action...very smooth and precise—unlike other Gillette TTOs which tend to loosen and rattle
with age.

I took the head to be a standard BRIT PAT: 694093 (the Rocket in OP is a curious hybrid though...
IIRC, the end tabs on the "made in England" Gillette heads are pointed at both ends while this Brit
has the ends squared off.)

The one vintage from the rocket family I'd love to try is the elusive Red Tip Rocket
only ever made in England).

Last edited:
Top Bottom