What's new

Pleasantly surprised by Speick cream

Been using Bigelow cream so that's what I compared it to. Using a decent amount, maybe 2 tps, I noticed it took a few seconds longer to whip up. However, unlike Bigelow which thins quickly with added water this soaked it right up without thinning and bulked up quickly. Spread nicely using a Fine Stout brush. Scent was mild citrus--no menthol here. Shave itself using a 2x Feather was smooth and very slick even going ATG on the upper lip. Bottom line. Beats Proraso/ Bigelow by a hair. A bit more $$ per ounce but if you're a cream guy try this.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Been using Bigelow cream so that's what I compared it to. Using a decent amount, maybe 2 tps, I noticed it took a few seconds longer to whip up. However, unlike Bigelow which thins quickly with added water this soaked it right up without thinning and bulked up quickly. Spread nicely using a Fine Stout brush. Scent was mild citrus--no menthol here. Shave itself using a 2x Feather was smooth and very slick even going ATG on the upper lip. Bottom line. Beats Proraso/ Bigelow by a hair. A bit more $$ per ounce but if you're a cream guy try this.
Agreed. Speick is a top performing cream.

You may be interested in a relatively thorough analysis I did of low-to-mid priced creams I did over the past year.

Speick Active and Ach Brito lavender came out on top. Both wonderful. Scent goes to Speick Active, price per volume to Ach Brito.

Agreed. Speick is a top performing cream.

You may be interested in a relatively thorough analysis I did of low-to-mid priced creams I did over the past year.

Speick Active and Ach Brito lavender came out on top. Both wonderful. Scent goes to Speick Active, price per volume to Ach Brito.
You like the Cella in a tube? I thought the tube version was brushless.

Speick cream is excellent!!

speick kent henckels may 20 2016.jpg

I like and use most of the Speick products; except the Sport Soap in a tub....I find it a bit sticky and the major complaint: it shrank 50% sitting in a drawer..... Maybe if you buy it, use it every day till it's done and gone, the results could be different? but I never use one soap for more than 3-4 uses....and rotate.

It's a product with very few faults. It takes plenty of water and you don't really need all that much of the cream to get a good lather. I face lather with it, putting dots of cream on the beard area and then building the lather from there.

Are you thinking of Mühle rather than Speick? I thought all the Speick products are scented with the speick plant. But I know Mühle has sea buckthorn scented soaps.

I am in Germany visiting my daughter and her family this week and picked up some Speick cream when we were out shopping for groceries. The performance is excellent, even with very hard water. My wife and daughter were both unimpressed by the scent, but I quite like it. It strikes me as a blend of herbal scents and lavender.

I am in Germany visiting my daughter and her family this week and picked up some Speick cream when we were out shopping for groceries. The performance is excellent, even with very hard water. My wife and daughter were both unimpressed by the scent, but I quite like it. It strikes me as a blend of herbal scents and lavender.
I really like the botanical scent, also. Did your wife & daughter have any comments on it? Just curious.

Top Bottom