What's new

Playstation 4

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
My wife works for SONY Playstation and all I know is my life just got ________________________________________________________

Haven't decided how to fill in the blank

I stopped playing after they stopped having two buttons lol.. My son will be getting one of these from me...

I guess I'm getting old, my ps3 does more than I know it can do and if gaming systems stopped at the ps3, I'd say we hit the finish line. Graphics are stellar, enemies are oftentimes scary intelligent, and I have fun.
i think you hit the nail on the head really :)

now a days i just yous my ps3 for a blu ray player thats it .

Sorry for my bad form of expression. What I wanted to say was: Sony admitted it is not the #1 anymore, they did some corporate changes and are steering in a new direction trying to get back in the game. In an interview after the presentation, an executive from Sony US said that they didn't show the console because there is more features to be unveiled.

My honest opinion is we won't see a breakthrough change at the new consoles release from both companies, maybe they will release a polished and 100% working VirtualReality feature mid-cycle just as the Kinect did.

that's another reason i was hoping that they would take a bit longer to make the next gen systems. I wanted them to take their time, that way they can make it better. it seems a bit rushed tbh.

No worries! And again - welcome to what will become your newest addiction site :)

Sorry for my bad form of expression. What I wanted to say was: Sony admitted it is not the #1 anymore, they did some corporate changes and are steering in a new direction trying to get back in the game. In an interview after the presentation, an executive from Sony US said that they didn't show the console because there is more features to be unveiled.

My honest opinion is we won't see a breakthrough change at the new consoles release from both companies, maybe they will release a polished and 100% working VirtualReality feature mid-cycle just as the Kinect did.

To me, the hardware of PS4 seems very good. Sony corrected many mistakes they made with PS3. This time they have:

- plenty of memory
- powerful GPU
- x86 CPU

I'm eager to see what game developers are able to achieve with PS4. Also, it will be interesting to see how the new console generation will affect the PC games and the game industry as a whole. Hopefully, the quality of PC version of multiplatform games will be better in the future.

I'll be happy as long as it is backwards compatible with my ps3 games. I (and I assume many) will be walking away if it isn't. No way am I willing to buy all of my ps3 titles again via a digital store like the PSN. I think that's my biggest caveat after thinking about it. I do know one thing, I love that controller. Since ps3 controllers are $40-50 I bet the ps4 controller will be $60-70.

Last edited:
PS4 looks interesting but with all limitations on it, I'm not sure it's worth dropping the $ on it. Especially with rumors of a new Xbox dropping sometime this year. I basically use my 360 as more of a set top box now to stream Netflix, Pandora etc. than to play games.

With smartphones and tablets getting more powerful every product cycle. I see the console space slowly losing momentum and mobile games (which I tend to play much more) being more dominant.

It's still very early for final details to be in place. I'm willing to bet there will still be a backwards compatible version.

Either way, while I have some games for my PS3, I don't think I've played any of them in the last 9 months. I bought it primarily as a Blu-Ray player that just happened to play games. I've always been a PC gamer: sitting on the couch with a controller in my hands just doesn't feel right to me. And the current controllers won't even work on the PS4, either (I got a cool Tron PS3 controller).

The ps3 is the best blue ray player on the market just make sure you get it for the right price.
I play my playstation almost every day and I have been a gamer since I was a kid and I am not happy about the release of the ps4. I know they have been talking about going gameless and doing internet down loads only which can help with the price of games and also the funding on making games the less money they have to spend on production the more they can spend on development. They are also pushing the 3D aspect and interactive game play try to create more social gaming like W.O.W. I will let it come out for a few years before I make my move I am not sold on the idea yet even with the 3/d tvs it just does not appeal to me at this point.

New titles im looking forward to the new god of war ride from ashes, grand theft auto, the last of us, and the new rainbow 6 las vegas

The backwards compatible thing doesn't really matter in the long run. After a year or so people won't really care that much if history is a guide with the Xbox and Xbox 360.

Looks like the latest news is that it won't be backwards compatible and games on both the ps4 and Xbox 720 will run in the $70 range.

Good grief!

I certainly will not be holding breath waiting to get one. As some of you may have read from the internet streaming posts here I and others have had issues with PS3 and its apps. Now I am mindful that Sony made this as a gaming console first and foremost but still, they ballyhooed it to the ceiling as being the best streaming box around. Well, maybe...not. The apps are dodgy at times and very slow out of the blue at other times. And using it as a media streaming set top box can be both rewarding and VERY frustrating. About half my stored media on the back end pc will not stream due to Sony and their damnable special codecs. If the PS4 even approaches this nonsense or leaves out backward compatibility with game discs I am done. I really feel as if I spent way too much on this thing as it is. Other than game play, which is its main design use, it is not that special. Not $400 worth. Sony if you have any brains at all, and at times I wonder, give the new box the best danged interactive streaming experience out there. Either the best GoogleTv implementation on earth or maybe even a custom XBMC experience. Either way make sure it has a browser that actually works. You know, so things like Flash driven sites actually work. And how about mp4/aac compatibility. You say you have it already? Uh, yeah. Tell that to my Samsung camcorder. It would be nice to actually view the videos on the large telly screen from my network but you just won't play nice. Do I expect them to fix things? See first sentence of my post.

Cheers, Todd

PS; I have been hard on the PS3 here but the overall sense I get every time I use it is that something is lacking.

Top Bottom