What's new

Play of the Day!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My title pretty much sums it up...it doesn't matter which sport...if it's a Play of the Day...post it! :thumbsup:

I'll start off first. We go the NHL with Sharks rookie Thomas Hertl scoring 4 goals, of which the fourth was just a 'doozee' (he has hands as 'soft as butter'), and a ballet of pure finesse (man...Biron was just 'smoked like a cheap cigar'...ouch)!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Read More: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...s-fourth-goal-of-game-with-betweenlegs-finish

proxy.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Matt Prater:
What a awesome kick...you're in the record books! :thumbsup:

"The Broncos kicker headed into the record books when he nailed a 64-yard field goal Sunday (in Denver's win over Tennessee 51-28), the longest in NFL history.

[FONT=&amp]The previous record was 63yards, set by Tom Dempsey in 1970 and later tied by Jason Elam (1998),Sebastian Janikowski (2011) and David Akers (2012).[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Kudos to you, Matt. We think it's going to be a very long timeuntil someone breaks this". [/FONT]
proxy.php

Read More: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-...ils-longest-fiield-goal-in-nfl-history-120813

proxy.php

Here's a another angle;

proxy.php

proxy.php
"The only pressure you have is what you put on yourself, so as long as I don’t put too much on myself, I think I’ll be alright". Denver Bronco's Matt Prater

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Grand Forks, N.D. - 21 December 2013 - USA beats Canada 4-1

"Jocelyne Lamoureux took exception to Brianne Jenner's late run at Josephine Pucci, setting off another fiery round in the U.S. women's hockey team's rivalry with Canada.

Lamoureux nailed Jenner with an illegal bodycheck and, seconds later, Lamoureux, sister Monique and U.S. teammates Hilary Knight, Gigi Marvin and Kacey Bellamy were brawling with Canada's Jenner, Melodie Daoust, Jocelyne Larocque, Meaghan Mikkelson and Vicki Bendus.

''I think we came in and defended our teammates, did what we had to do,'' Jocelyne Lamoureux, a former University of North Dakota star playing in her home rink, said after the Americans' 4-1 victory Friday night in the pre-Olympic exhibition game. ''It's always going to be heated (against Canada). The intensity is always going to be there.''

The referees handed out 10 fighting majors and a string of other infractions after the melee with nine seconds to play. The two teams also fought in October late in a game in Burlington, Vt., with all 10 skaters squaring off late in the third period. They had another big scrap in 2010.

Read More:
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/united-states-canada-brawl-jocelyne-lamoureux-brianne-jenner-122113/

proxy.php
"Who says there's no fighting in women's hockey"? CBJ

Last edited by a moderator:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
As a goalie myself...it doesn't get better than this...Monster Save! :thumbsup:

"Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury has never won a Vezina Trophy, the award given to the NHL's best goalie. But a no-look save he made against Detroit Red Wings veteran Daniel Alfredsson in Wednesday's Wings-Pens tilt that preserved a 4-3 shootout victory was certainly impressive.

"Players on the bench called it a (Dominik) Hasek-type (snow angel), save the way he put his glove out," Pens coach Dan Bylsma said. "I'm not sure I've seen a more acrobatic save from (Fleury)." The Pittsburgh netminder made 34 saves on the night — but the one that longtime hockey play-by-play man Mike "Doc" Emrik dubbed a "snow angel masterpiece" is the one that stood out. And it wasn't a complete loss for Detroit, as the Red Wings clinched a playoff berth for the 23rd straight season".

Read More: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24520623/video-marc-andre-fleury-makes-spectacular-shootout-save

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours), for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Wow congrats to the Gophers. Im a Badger and in my opinion you guys are our greatest rival in hockey(you guys cant touch us in football or basketball but hockey is always a great game)...but that was amazing. Im cheering for Union in the final though :001_tt2:.

Ben Revere amazing catch 2 days ago. Look how much ground he covered.

Wow congrats to the Gophers. Im a Badger and in my opinion you guys are our greatest rival in hockey(you guys cant touch us in football or basketball but hockey is always a great game)...but that was amazing. Im cheering for Union in the final though :001_tt2:.

:nono:

Besides, I can't root for Union. It's my older brother's alma mater.

Ben Revere amazing catch 2 days ago. Look how much ground he covered.

I really liked watching Revere when he played for the Twins. Now, there's no reason to watch the Twins. Well, unless you want to see if they can finally get over the hump and get to 100 losses.

I really liked watching Revere when he played for the Twins. Now, there's no reason to watch the Twins. Well, unless you want to see if they can finally get over the hump and get to 100 losses.

Mmm not really. That is until they call up Byron Buxton who could be amazing. I went to Winona State and became a Twins fan during my time in college there(they are my AL team). Cant see them really having a chance in that division with Detroit, KC and Cleveland all looking strong(and even the White Sox so far).

Mmm not really. That is until they call up Byron Buxton who could be amazing. I went to Winona State and became a Twins fan during my time in college there(they are my AL team). Cant see them really having a chance in that division with Detroit, KC and Cleveland all looking strong(and even the White Sox so far).

I like the guys the Twins have. Guys like Plouffe, Dozier, Colabello, etc. Good character guys, not flashy but do the job. I think Arcia is decent and Buxton is still a ways away from the Show. The problem is their pitching, gone are the days of having really dependable guys like Radke. Also factor in they don't have the payroll to compete with the Tigers (who I can't stand) I always enjoy watching the Twins beat them. Lol

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
...my title pretty much sums it all up...the previous shoot-out record was 15 rounds!
proxy.php

Sunrise, FL - AP - 17 Dec 14

"Nick Bjugstad took a deep breath before his second attempt in the longest shootout in NHL history.

And when he finally exhaled and scored, the Florida Panthers had outlasted the Washington Capitals in a whopping 20 rounds.

"I've never seen anything like that," Florida goalie Roberto Luongo said.

Bjugstad scored the game-winning goal to give the Panthers a 2-1 victory Tuesday night, beating Braden Holtby on the right side with the 40th shot of the tiebreaker. The previous NHL shootout record was 15 rounds, when the New York Rangers beat Washington on Nov. 26, 2005.

"I kind of relaxed, took a deep breath and tried going in there with confidence and it worked out," Bjugstad said.

Bjugstad, who missed in the second round of the shootout, held the puck, deked and then fired it past Holtby into the open net.

The Panthers outscored the Capitals 6-5 in the tiebreaker; the six goals were the most ever in a shootout. Jussi Jokinen, Dave Bolland, Derek MacKenzie, Sean Bergenheim and Dylan Olsen were also successful for Florida.

The Panthers were down to their last shot five times and answered with a goal each time.

"The great thing is, I don't know how many times guys bailed me out where they had to score to keep it alive and they did every time. It was amazing," Luongo said.

Alex Ovechkin, Brooks Laich, Joel Ward, John Carlson and Brooks Orpik had shootout goals for the Capitals.

MacKenzie scored in regulation for Florida, and Luongo made 23 saves.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...st-capitals-in-longest-nhl-shootout/20517123/

proxy.php

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Red Wings Gustav 'Goose' Nyquist's unreal effort leads to OT goal!!!

By Chris Peters | Hockey Writer

December 28, 2014 12:46 pm ET

"Gustav 'Goose' Nyquist's goal against the Ottawa Senators Saturday night was an incredible feat. It was so incredible, in fact, it was unbelievable. The Red Wing sniper had the puck on his stick for a full 28 seconds. Even in four-on-four overtime, that's not supposed to happen.

Nyquist's goal defied logic, not totally unlike a strongman, or acrobat or that guy that somehow doesn't get eaten by lions at the circus. And what's a good circus show without the appropriate theme music?

Thanks to video editor extraordinaire Josh Smith on 'TheScore.com', the Nyquist goal gets the circus theme it deserves. It could be a long time before we see anything like that again". :thumbsup:

View This Goal w/ Circus Music: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24919675

proxy.php

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Two totally unbelievable acrobatic saves by the Flower! :thumbsup:

Kirby Lee - USA TODAY Sports - 17 May 18

Goalie Image.png
"Marc-Andre "Flower" Fleury made 33 saves on Wednesday night, but none were prettier than these two.

Fleury stopped Mark Scheifele on back-to-back shots with some ridiculous saves midway through the third period. He went from pipe to pipe [the splits], to sprawl [dive], for the saves.
proxy.php

Those saves were critical as they helped the Vegas Golden Knights secure a 4-2 win over the Winnipeg Jets in Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals to go up 2-1 in the series. Scheifele had both of Winnipeg’s goals in the game, but due to Fleury’s efforts, he was unable to record a hat trick".

Works Cited: Watch Marc-Andre Fleury 2 unbeleivable saves

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours), for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Last edited:
Great saves by Fleury. As a Penguins fan I'm glad to see him doing well in Vegas. He will always be loved here. At least by me. Vegas got a veteran goalie and a great individual to represent the team. If he gets a 4th cup I'll be smiling like a butcher's dog.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Great saves by Fleury. As a Penguins fan I'm glad to see him doing well in Vegas. He will always be loved here. At least by me. Vegas got a veteran goalie and a great individual to represent the team. If he gets a 4th cup I'll be smiling like a butcher's dog.
Kurtis:
plus-one-png.797576
...and I hope he has an equally fantastic game tonight! :thumbsup:

proxy.php

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Check-out this shot! :thumbsup:

By Greg Gottfried - THELOOP - 23 Jan 2020

"No one knows how to create electricity over obscure sports quite like the Brits.

We, at the Loop, have tried to dive into this brilliant world time and time again. There was this cocky darts celebration, which had the panache and flair of Odell Beckham Jr. after a TD grab mixed with Draymond Green's chutzpah. Or there was this electric darts call of a "stunning moment" that sees a crowd erupt in rapturous glee.

1579831866989.png

Well, now we have a new challenger to the darts adoration, which comes to us from the World Indoor Bowls Championships.

Although we're still figuring out all of the logistics and intricacies here for how bowls works, there's no doubt that this is an excellent sport and one that we need to start playing around the office.

It has the majesty of the best British sports, the calm demeanors of the Jeopardy GOAT competition and the spirit of a March Madness upset. How exactly Nick Brett made this once-in-a-lifetime shot against Scotland, we're not sure. His partner, Greg Harlow, gave him the right directions, but still...

The angles. The speed. The spin. He only had "six inches between the two bowls." British sports at its best.

Read More: World Indoor Bowls Championships

proxy.php
"It's not how you bowl. it's how you roll". Unknown

Top Bottom