What's new

Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps by PAA

I've recently picked up a 100 pack and I regret it. What can I say I was lured by the cool graphics and possibility of using a new game changing blade. I've never been disappointed with a PAA shaving soap yet, so I thought why not. I've haven't completed a full pass with strangelet blades just yet, and I've tried 4 times Thus far. The shave is just so damn tuggy that I just end up using a feather blade to complete the shave. I initially though it Could have been a bad blade,that's why I tried 4 times to eliminate that possibility..perhaps I will try corking the blades to see if that makes them usable. These may work for people that use the same blade for multiple shaves..Normally I only use a blade once and throw it away. Perhaps i dont use the blade long enough..how long should an blade take to break in before it reach full Stride? i know blades can be subjective. As of now if nothing changes I would have these blades ranked last of any blade I have tried, and I have tried over 50 different DE blades to date.

Last edited:
Of all the companies out there making blades PAA is certainly not one who is going to improve the DE razor blade. Everyone gets all excited when they come out with something new and then spend 23 hrs. a day telling everyone how great it is only to learn after they have spent their money that the product isn't all it's cracked up to be. I have to say I get very leery when someone who has a full beard tells me he has developed a better razor blade. How does he know when he doesn't shave more than 1/10th of his face? The blades are made in China and any Russian blade out there will eat its lunch.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I see these are now available in sample tucks on their website. I still don't know if I want to try them but curiosity killed the cat and all that

These blades must be amazing for $16.95 per 100!🤣 You can get 200 of your pick of Derby, Dorco or Lord blades on Amazon and save money. You could also get most of the 100 packs of Proctor & Gamble or Mostochlegmash cheaper.

These blades must be amazing for $16.95 per 100!🤣 You can get 200 of your pick of Derby, Dorco or Lord blades on Amazon and save money. You could also get most of the 100 packs of Proctor & Gamble or Mostochlegmash cheaper.
The blades are like everything else they sell. Over hyped and dressed in wild graphics to get attention. It all works for their fanboys, but not me.

I just attempted another shave with these Blades and it was more of the same. I usually only use a blade for a single shave, and since I didn't use the blade long enough..I didn't get to experience that legendary smoothness some people claimed. I even corked them and used the same blade multiple times and the tugg never disappeared. I will just wait for the glow in the dark PAA strangelet to try again.:w00t:

This is a follow up to my earlier (December) post about PAA Strangelet blades. I still really like these blades and they are one of four brands in my current (and stable) rotation, along with FEATHER, PERMA-SHARP, and Personna Platinum. With four more months of shaving experience with these blades in my rotation, for me they provide a great combination of sharp and smooth for one or two days’ growth. For three or more days’ growth, for me others provide the best shaves. I like having a choice of blades depending on days’ growth, how much time I have to shave, and what will be the best - or the most fun - on any particular day.

i'm one shave in, same experience as for many, 1st use in a progress. pulling and tugging on 2.5 day growth. 2nd pass was better. i'll put it in a slant to 'make it sharper'
good that I only paid a euro for the tuck 😃

Been there and done that, too. Received 2 tucks in a PIF. Tried 2 blades. Very rough. Gave the others away on here.

And honestly, blades aren't my thing. I shaved with the original Dorco blades back in the 90's because I could get them for like $5/100. Most people would think those are terrible blades. I'm just not picky. These were the exception.

wunderbar for the 2nd shave, slightly less growth (48h). the first pass was better, but 2nd and 3rd showed what a dull blade in an aggressive razor does, irritation and weepers. Strangely, even when it almost feels smooth, there is a strange uncomfortable pulling feeling in the background. this blade will take its place in the blade-bank. maybe I'll come back to try another in a while, but I don't feel the urge now.

Worst blade in the history of all blades.
I really wanted to like this blade.. However, I found the quality control on these blades to be very poor.. I tried about 20 new blades, and even used some blades multiple times. The end result was always the same, a terrible tuggy shave.
Been there and done that, too. Received 2 tucks in a PIF. Tried 2 blades. Very rough. Gave the others away on here.

And honestly, blades aren't my thing. I shaved with the original Dorco blades back in the 90's because I could get them for like $5/100. Most people would think those are terrible blades. I'm just not picky. These were the exception.
Dorco blades are orders of magnitude better than the strangelet IMO.. The QC on these strangelet blades is terrible.. Their are way to many bad blades in these packs..

Top Bottom