What's new

Plating a Razorock Hawk V3

I recently started diving into the world of AC type razors, and picked up the Razorock Hawk V3. Actually having some great shaves with it. Can't believe it took me so long to delve in. What are folks thoughts on sending it to one of the platers and having it plated? I was thinking Palladium or Gold. It's perfectly functional as is, but I would love to have it all shiny. Could plating it change the way it shaves? Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts.

Nickel plating is generally recommended, but it is more difficult to adhere than plating on other metals, and pre-treatment is said to be more difficult.
The shaving experience will also be different because of the considerable deviation from the tolerances.

I recommend polishing only the outside. You will love it if you do it yourself.

The tolerances on some AC razors are very fine and plating could result in them not fitting together well, or some blades not fitting at all. The Hawk V3 probably isn't made with quite the precision of some others like the Vector or General, but even so I wouldn't chance it (unless you're willing to take the potental hit for the sake of science).

Didn't realize I had not updated this. I did go ahead and have the Hawk plated in Palladium, and there was no change to the say it shaves. It's just a little bit purdier.

Here you go. My photog skills are not what many of the gents on here are capable of, plus it has a tiny bit of soap in the guard.

IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg

Top Bottom