What's new

Plastic Lever Gun

now I'm ready to get one a them antiques. and a threaded barrel for a can (or a muzzle break for... I'm not sure, unless it's a mall ninja). what's not to love?

ok... this is a solution looking for a problem to my mind. I do like the idea of the XS rail, but more importantly, the ghost ring sights. I've considered it for mine. and passed so far.

and I can mod my current 336 with all that for well under the MSRP.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Meh...Grandpa no like. Plastic does not belong on a lever gun. Just mod. your current, excellent 336. If it ain't broke....

With the 336 being drilled and tapped for a scope, just add the rail and ruin the lines.

I said I ain't ruint mine yet. I'm not a big fan of rear leaf sights, so I run a scout scope on my 336. in rings. where they done been drilled and tapped at the factory.

Tacticooooool. Man, my 16” 336 is the sweetest shooting, best swinging, points itself long gun I've got. The plastic would mess with that balance I’m thinking. Or maybe it’s just not balancing in my head cuz I’m old.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have an old dirty thirty ring saddle carbine I'm working on right now. Lift gate not returning and honestly not sure why. It was made at the turn of the last century and until the lift gate went south was still a fine shooter.

Next step is a total take down and reassembly to see if I done put something in backwards side down.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Where is the plastic, other than the para cord? The write up says black wood, which still looks dumb, but I do like the threaded barrel.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
"black hardwood furniture and a black parkerized finish on the receiver". No mention of plastic

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I didn’t even pay attention, plastic inspired then...

After I saw the website picture of it I didn't pay much attention to the text either. You should be able to mod. out your current 336, like you said, a lot cheaper. And also be able to put it back in factory form if you want to. If your 336 ain't broke, don't fix it.

But far be it from me to discourage someone from buying a new gun...if you want it, get it. :a14:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have an old dirty thirty ring saddle carbine I'm working on right now. Lift gate not returning and honestly not sure why. It was made at the turn of the last century and until the lift gate went south was still a fine shooter.

Next step is a total take down and reassembly to see if I done put something in backwards side down.

I seem to do that from time to time.

I have no desire to mod mine, it works fine as is.

$1k MSRP for that set is silly. But fools and their money...

Not my cup of tea. The stock on that one is painted wood so should balance ok. Can on a lever gun??

I have an earlier Guide Gun 45-70, ported barrel. I wanted to scope it due to older eyes and decided with the recoil level I would have to have a scout scope, so went with an XS rail, which looks good. It allows me to still have a ghost ring sight, and with Talley QD mounts I can have the best of both worlds. I did get an aftermarket large loop lever as that little stock squared off lever was doing a job on my hand.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Marlin 336C handles so well; it should never change.

Truly points and feels great. Classic for good reason.

AA

Marlin 336C handles so well; it should never change.

Truly points and feels great. Classic for good reason.

AA
Ah, yes!! I'll take a 336 or any Marlin lever, 1894 or 1895 over a Winchester lever any day. A look in my gun safe will readily show that. My first rifle was a 39a, dad bought me back in 1952 when I was 7 years old. I finally picked up a little 39a Mountie a couple of years ago and love it. One of my other favorites is a little 1894 CL, in 32-20, a fun, walk around plinking rifle.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ah, yes!! I'll take a 336 or any Marlin lever, 1894 or 1895 over a Winchester lever any day. A look in my gun safe will readily show that. My first rifle was a 39a, dad bought me back in 1952 when I was 7 years old. I finally picked up a little 39a Mountie a couple of years ago and love it. One of my other favorites is a little 1894 CL, in 32-20, a fun, walk around plinking rifle.

Ah. One of my regrets: no 39 lever!

AA

BE1CC1F7-2035-4913-ADD9-A3AFAD630468.jpeg
705FD920-2EAA-4FEC-AD18-A397462A737F.jpeg

Lest we forget Henry...now available with a side loading gate I am told. Great balance, quite accurate right out of the box, and customer service second to none.
Top-45.70 Govt.
Bottom-.30-30

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Yup. When Dad got me my first deer rifle it was the 336C. I kinda wanted a Winchester 94 but he said the Marlins were better built. Now I tend to agree.

Top Bottom