What's new

Plastic blade keepers

Not sure where to post this, been a while since Ive visited. Im looking for the plastic blade keepers. The blades I buy all come in paper boxes but I like to keep them in the plastic keepers. Anywhere I can find these?

except for the blades that come in plastic dispensers i sont think they sell them.there are some brass gillette blade boxes around however.

Some guys use tackle boxes or nut and bolt organizers from WalMart or similar stores for bulk storage. Feather blades come in little plastic boxes, but I am not aware of any other blades that come this way.

I know most manufacturers have blades in plastic keepers but only if you buy small batches. I buy my blades by 100 because it saves so much coin. Just curious if i could find them somewhere.

You can get these 14 slot containers with nice tight clear lids for $3-4 at "The Container Store"...really work great for blade storage.

Attachments

• $IMG_0008.jpg
    $IMG_0008.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 129
You can get these 14 slot containers with nice tight clear lids for $3-4 at "The Container Store"...really work great for blade storage.

one that is awesome, I don't know of this container store you speak of but I wish I had one to buy some of those and two im very jelous of your blade collection.

what you linked to was a pillbox, I have a few of those and look nothing what you have for storage. I found something similar though is this it? http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/hobby/dividedBoxes?productId=10032167&N=72538
............................This is the right one,and the 14 compartment model is the one that best fits blades in wrappers,and in the original cardboard boxes,but will not fit the plastic holders ,such as the German Wilkies are packaged in.No problem for me,I just take the wrapped blades out of the plastic holder and slip them right into a compartment.Lids fit very tight,keep out moisture that can oxidize blades,dirt cheap !...

Thanks for the info! I was about to buy 3 but it they only fit the cardboard tucks and not the plastic tucks then I cant justify buying them even though they look beautiful. I want a slightly larger one that holds both, so you saved me some headaches!

Top Bottom