What's new

Planète Rasoir in Paris

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Visiting Paris this week and thanks to my friends at B&B made it a point to visit the famous store in the 9th arrondissement. Had my first straight razor barber shave since about 2014. Young lady named Tatiana. It was extraordinary. She used MdC original, as it’s “The Best” (her exact words)

Here’s a few pics including what I’ll be bringing home, only reason I didn’t purchase any original MdC is because I already have some 😉

1677948231169.jpeg

1677948319556.jpeg

1677948375436.jpeg

1677948439618.jpeg

Attachments

• 1677948352373.jpeg
    1677948352373.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 1677948482569.jpeg
    1677948482569.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Ooh, they seven have some Valobra left…

Valobra shaving soaps used to be among my favourite shaving soaps when old Signore Valobra was still running the business.

Sadly, Ludovico Martelli srl. (Proraso) that Signere Valobra sold his company to when he decided to retire soon shut it down.
Sometimes I wonder whether they just wanted to eliminate a competitor, although scale and IMO quality of the shaving soaps from the two manufacturers were in different leagues altogether.

B.

Visiting Paris this week and thanks to my friends at B&B made it a point to visit the famous store in the 9th arrondissement. Had my first straight razor barber shave since about 2014. Young lady named Tatiana. It was extraordinary. She used MdC original, as it’s “The Best” (her exact words)

Here’s a few pics including what I’ll be bringing home, only reason I didn’t purchase any original MdC is because I already have some 😉

View attachment 1615698
View attachment 1615699
View attachment 1615702
View attachment 1615704

beautiful! loved the stuffed badger!

what razor did the barber use??

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

View attachment 1615698
View attachment 1615699
View attachment 1615702
View attachment 1615704

What a beautiful shop! 😍 You are so lucky that you got a chance to visit there! I've heard that traditional wet shaving is much more popular in Europe then it is in America, so it makes sense that you can find shops dedicated to the arts of traditional wet shaving. America has a few shaving shops of course, but nothing in our area, so were SOL without online.

Another thing I find unique about that shop, is that they have a barber stationed to give you a shave, and possibly a haircut? Only it will cost you more then 2-bits i'm afraid, there has been 80-years of inflation since the saying was introduced lol. You can go to barber shops in America, and your not usually going to find a full store in them. They might sell a hair or beard cream, or shaving gel, but thats about it.

I really love how the shop is laid out, I love the display cabinets even more! The cabinets, wooden frames, and glass, are all spotless clean. And this tells me that the shop owner cares about what folks think, when they enter the shop. Plus, the shop has excellent lighting, so you are able to see everything that they sell, and there is no question as to what they have.

Of course I spotted the Proraso, can't run a shop without selling those soaps and creams. They got an amazing selection of razors and brushes as well. You may not like the brand they sell, but rest assured, if you need a brush, they got you a brush! Unless I am totally blind, I don't really see any shaving bowls. Is bowl lathering not a thing in France?

Oh my gosh, they even sell dopp bags of all things. So, if your somebody who plans to start traveling from France, just step right into that shop, pick yourself up a dopp bag, load it up with what you need, and then your off to the races! And if you visit the shop during the summer time, they got your comfort covered with that nice fan up there.

And lastly, I am going to name that badger up there Sinu. 😍 He greets everybody, shows them where the brushes are, and watches for shoplifters. lol Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures, you brought me into a wonderland world of shaving and more. And yes, I totally understand the feeling of going bankrupt while overspending in there. HAHA 😝

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I was there in 2016, wonderful place, wonderful people. And it is a beautiful and well stocked shop. Bring lots of money though, it is Paris. But if you’re a wet shaver and want a memorable souvenir of your time in Paris, this is the place.

Top Bottom