What's new

PLANET KIND by Gillette

I had a little burn as well on shave #1 with it. The scent is a little fruity, not good or bad, just different. Protection is not great, but it is decently slick. I did use a little too much water. I will give it another go, but I sense this is going into the bin after I try it some more.

At this point in my shaving journey the only new things outside of blades I buy are things I can find in local stores. So when I came across planet kind at target this weekend I decided to give it a try. I had my first shape with it this morning and I was pleasantly surprised. It has a wonderful light scent and is very slick. I failed to load a sufficient quantity on my chubby one but was still able to get a decent third pass accomplished. I would recommend Gillette cream, Which I think is high praise coming from a man who really only uses Gillette foamy anymore.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Wait til they come up with a version that is only compatible with special Gillette cart razors and we find out it's been made with renewable seal cubs that were clubbed to death with sustainable wooden clubs

I don't see how it helps sell products by telling your customers that you assume they are a certain kind of people, and they should change. Just tell me why your product is better than your competitor's.
I agree.

It's just that posting about how you're not going to buy something because you don't like the company's virtue signals is also a virtue signal. Why announce it except to let others know you have an official position on the matter? Not buying accomplishes the same thing without a public performance.

Last edited:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I could probably forgive the self-righteous “greener than thou” marketing schtick if the cream were any good. “Meh” scent, poor cushion, indifferent post-shave, and possible skin irritation sounds like a hard pass for me. Thanks to y’all for jumping on the grenadine first.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Remember not too long ago you guys were asking why gillete didn't bother getting back into the wet shaving market? Some of you were wishing for the good old days to return.

Well, they're back now.

If they do decide to stick around, they're going to come up with brilliant ways to force out competitors selling better products and dump their mediocre products everywhere.

If this cream here takes off, prepare to see more variants. And a price mark up. Just like their expensive and mediocre carts.

I'm not buying this if I see it here. After conversion, it isn't as cheap as the italian and indian creams here and I don't really believe this will be that good. Also, everything with the gillette label here is overpriced as hell except their russian and indian blades which are parallel imported from 3rd world countries.
Lol! Good point. I believe most of the Gillette nostalgia is on the hardware side, specifically with certain popular razor models. The dream is that they find the old machining in some forgotten dockside warehouse in Southie and start cranking out new Fat Boys and Red Tip Superspeeds. Maybe some Olds and News for good measure. But that ain’t never gonna happen. The yawner of a generic three piece that is the King C Gillette safety razor is pretty much proof. Gillette isn’t ready to reclaim the DE market, just cash in on the fringes of a trend that is cutting into cart sales.

On the upshot, not too long ago in these digital pages, we used fret about the “shavepocolyse” and speculate on how long anyone would still make DE blades or high end brushes. I see Gillette’s reentry into the trad wet shaving game, pathetic though it may be, as at least a sign that the end of our beloved hobby is not nigh, and we are, in fact, in a “golden age” of sorts when even the Big Boys want a piece of the action. So even though I’m not particularly impressed with either the KCG safety razor or this soap, I am at least happy that Big G is paying attention. Hopefully someone over there “gets it” and they figure out how to give us that new Fat Boy we’re clamoring for.

Cool angle and I have been looking for a cream that doesn’t come in some kind of plastic. I will give it a try just for the packaging.

Reality check: while we may try to recycle the truth is that less then 10% is actually recycled. Our tube or plastic tub of shave cream/soap lives on almost forever.
Will this fit a puck of soap for use after empty?? Wonder if they make a KIND soap ??

All the Gillette is trying to crush the little guy talk is funny. That's been their MO, too dominate from day one. Heck, they patented the term "safety razor" from a competitors patent that used those words in their patent application.
What I won't do is buy it from target or Walmart as i won't shop there. I'll always pay more to a mom and pop to support my community. Ymmv.

I picked up a can of it about a week ago. Just general curiosity to see if it would lather. It lathered up ok but the smell was not something I enjoyed, too feminine for me. I give it to the ole lady and she’s been using it up, I’ll use the can for a blade bank or something. For a few more dollars I’ll just buy stirling. Or anything else.

Top Bottom