What's new

Places to Enjoy a Good Cigar or Pipe During The Lockdown?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
What are your 'go to' Places to Enjoy a Good Cigar or Pipe During The Lockdown?

I have not smoked cigars in the house since my wife stopped smoking cigarettes 5 years ago - my choice, not her request.

With all of the cigar lounges closed, has everyone been finding alternate places to smoke?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Same as before for me. Either on my front or side porch depending on the winds outside or in my shop. My shop has two nice leather chairs and a sofa plus a good sized television. I miss sports so much right now. I actually rewatched game 5 of last years NLDS tonight. I'll probably rewatch some hockey tomorrow night.

This post got me thinking, I've never actually smoked a pipe with another pipe smoker...I haven't been smoking one for too long, but still kinda crazy when I think about it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
We have a group of longstanding friends (including my Priest and my Attorney) who have been getting together every Friday evening for years to smoke cigars (and/or pipes) and solve the problems of the world.

The cigar lounges are only open for one customer in the store at a time pick-up service. It's been cols, windy and either raining or snowing so outside becomes 'iffy'. The city passed a 'no smoking' ordinance in the parks so no luck there.

Guess it's the back deck for me. 🤨

The group of guys I smoke with meet 3-6 times a week.... I try to make a night. We haven't been having them. We are doing a video chat happy hour tomorrow. One guy lives a block from me. I'm going to sit in one corner of his yard while he is on his porch.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We have a group of longstanding friends (including my Priest and my Attorney) who have been getting together every Friday evening for years to smoke cigars (and/or pipes) and solve the problems of the world.

The cigar lounges are only open for one customer in the store at a time pick-up service. It's been cols, windy and either raining or snowing so outside becomes 'iffy'. The city passed a 'no smoking' ordinance in the parks so no luck there.

Guess it's the back deck for me. 🤨
I see no mention of alcohol- how are you to solve the world’s problems without it? :lol:

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Mine haven’t changed. I go to either my front porch, back patio, or garage. Of the three though, my favorite spot is my front porch. I have a great view.

522FD262-F77D-4D2C-8936-E12C83ED2312.jpeg

I enjoy smoking a cigar on my back patio while enjoy a cold beverage. My problem is that I am running low on cigars.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Indeed, but like George Carlin and Frank Zappa, he was right more often than wrong.

I always enjoyed his writing - from 'Hell's Angels' (he was beaten severely at the end of his association with the Angels) to the 'Fear and Loathing' books to his magazine articles.

Eccentric, entertaining, original.

We don't grow them like that anymore.

Top Bottom