What's new

Pj2 3 Alarm Emergency

I definitely screwed up with the shipping somewhere, I went to FedEx since I believed that would be my best option, and I was quoted $55.30 for Intl express and then $56.28 for intl economy. The guy couldn't explain to me why economy was somehow more expensive, so I just bit the bullet and sent it express. Obviously there was probably a less expensive option, but I didn't want to drive around to try and find it.

On another note, a little peeved at Robert's response and lack of customer service, I sent a note to Lee @ Lee's razors asking if he'd ever heard of Brush's cracking like that. He informed me that he'd seen handles crack a number of times (so much for NEVER crack unless GRAVITY is an issue in their use). He then proceeded to let me know that Simpson can be hard to get a hold of, but gave me a contact name and said he would help out however he could even though I did not buy the brush from him. Now THAT is customer service and Lee is a true gentleman. Any simpson brush or merkur purchase in my future will come from Lee.

Mike02 said:
I think everyone needs to relax... TGS has always shown exemplary customer service. Let's just wait and see what happens before everyone jumps all over them.

My pennies -
Dennis
I agree here...

As I mentioned earlier, in regards to not reimbursing the shipping and leaving exchanges up to the manufacturer, I do understand it to some level. I can see how being a distributor gets you stuck in the middle where you have no say in the mftg process but have to bare the brunt of returns etc. Then when some young chap from the US says he just spent $55 shipping it back, you're a little weery of losing whatever margin you made in the first place reimbursing you. While all that wouldn't have left me happy, I'd merely be disappointed, but still understanding. 99% of my anger and subsequent lashing on TGS customer service came from the final back handed sentence. It really had no place in the email, and only seemed to reference that I must have broke the brush myself and now I am trying to pass it off as a product flaw. I literally thought something must have been lost in translation, and it was some saying I didn't understand, but the more I read it, the more I realize it's just insulting the customer. As far as I'm concerned you NEVER do that. I don't see how there can really be any reasonable explanation for it, as I was very polite.

If you are tired of shooting emails back and forth, you can try filling the crack with thin epoxy, add some zirconium stones, or not, and have one cool custom brush...

Nenad

superfly said:
If you are tired of shooting emails back and forth, you can try filling the crack with thin epoxy, add some zirconium stones, or not, and have one cool custom brush...

Nenad

Cool idea. Although.... 1) I would want to dremel the cracks myself, as if they are there from a flaw, more might appear, or they might expand, and 2) it is apparently on its way to England as we type.

A few months ago I attempted to puchase a couple of Simpsons from TGS. From the way Robert handled my emails I can only assume that I wasn't wanted/needed as a customer. I purchased from Lee and could not be happier. This thread has just reaffirmed my decision to avoid TGS at all costs and give Lee all of the business that I can.

Sorry to fan the flames, but this seemed a good place provide a bit of counterpoint in regards to TGS's service.

SLider, I hope that this works out well for you.

Well.... I am probably gonna ruffle some feathers - but those of you who have known me for a few years know that isn't gonna stop me from opening my yapper :lol: I feel since this has been made public and there are some pretty serious comments I feel somewhat obligated to weight in.

First - as far as the damage to the PJ2.... every once in awhile simpsons has a dud.... as does every manufacture. Although it really doesn't matter what I think.... my total/unbiased opinion is that of a manufacturing error. Keep in mind - this is coming from a 9+ Simpson owner, and a PJfile obsessed madman.... no man made product can be perfect 100% of the time. It doesn't look dropped (where the crack is, is close to the knot/hair, and it would be pretty hard to drop a brush and create that much force to make that crack when the hair would absorb a god portion of the brunt) - and I don't think it was boiled either, as the bristle tips have not curled up, and do not look damaged in the slightest. I have put many a brushes in boiling water - and just after 1-2X you can see obvious signs... to my eye - this thing hasn't been in boiling water. Besides..... a properly made Simpson should be able to withstand boiling water regardless - so that is moot.

Second - I think Slider got a little overzealous and jumped the gun a touch. Now don't get me wrong bud.... I 100% understand your frustration, and I 100% understand your eagerness to solve the problem with your brush... I've been there, and I've done exactly what you have done BUT that doesn't necessarily make it the most efficacious solution. Consider this... from Robert's standpoint, you publically posted pictures of the damaged brush - stating it was purchased from his establishment - without giving him the chance/time to work with you to resolve the issue. Now - bear with me for just one moment.... if you hear of a "bad brush" being sourced from TGS and you are about to buy a brush the last place you are going to want to look is TGS... period. Regardless of how he resolved the issue, saying you received a "bad brush" from a vendor is going to make members more apt to purchase from locations they have NOT heard of bad brushes coming from, as regardless of how it is handled - the pain in the rear of being out a brush - shipping it back, etc - is not worth the headache.

Third - After publically stating yoru problems/posting pictures you gave them VERY little time to talk to you/work with you to help resolve the issue - before you shipped the brush back to them. Did they recommend shipping it via fedex? What method of shipment did they use to send it TO you? How much did YOU pay to have the products shipped from TGS to you? I can guarantee it was not $56 or whatever you paid to have it shipped back to them. It is one thing to have to "shop around" to find the cheapest place to ship the brush back to him..... but come on.... $56? If YOU were Robert, how would you take that? Personally, I would take that as a slap in the face.

Fourth - Shipping $ responsibility. The way I see things, and the way I have always heard of things handled is in the following manner... if a product is defective in an obvious manner in which the retailer could have/should have seen prior to shipping it to you, the retailer is responsible for shipping the brush back, as it was THEIR error which cause YOU to have a faulty product. If a product however appears to be normal/aceptable and it fails with use - I feel, it is the BUYERS responsibility to share part of the burden of shipping costs, as it was beyond the scope of the sellers control, and the factors which could cause the malfunction in the product are limitless and it very well COULD (I am not saying it IS, but it COULD) be the fault of the user. Regardless - the seller still has to pay to ship the product back to you, as well as deal with the manufacture and possibly get stiffed by the manufacture. When I purchased my CAR Shavemaster it arrived a mess, shed like crazy, and was lopsided. Before I mentioned it on the forum, I contacted Charles Roberts, and attemped to work out a solution. On a $250 brush he wanted me to pay shipping back to him, then the cost of shipping back to me, and refused to replace it with a new product - but would only "repair" it, eventhough it would have to be completly re-built and the integrity of the brush at that point would be highly questionable if they couldn't do it right the first time, not only that - but he called me a liar, and stated I was lying, eventhough I sent him pictures to prove it. That.... at least to me was unreasonable - and after that was the "final solution" I was offered, I complained, and made my problem known publically on the forum - as I feeled as though I had been robbed and the retailer AND manufacture were not standing behind their product.... on a $250 ***.

Now on the same token - just recently I received a bad shaving brush from a prominent retailer, and eventhough the flaws were obvious - even with a quick inspection, they could be EASILY missed. I brought it to the retailers attention, who IMMEDIATLY shipped me a new brush and requested I ship the defective one back. I did not ask for the retailer to cover the shipping cost to the retailer as I felt it was not their fault, and already they had to ship another brush out to me... and it was only fair I share part of the burden, as hey.... they've got to make a living too, and if it ain't their fault, why should they get triple shafted? (shipping back to them, shipping back to you, shipping/dealing with the manufacture) Now - to this retailers credit, they did give me a few freebies when the new brush showed up - so that covered my shipping costs, but I didn't expect/require 'em.... it sure was one hell of a nice touch though. The retailer even offered to send the replacement brush via overnight shipping at the expense of the retailer... but I denied this, as I didn't want to make this an even MORE unprofitable transaction for the retailer. This is fun and games for me, and although I WANT my brush and I wanted it right the first time I didn't NEED it immediatly.... and the difference for me is a few days which is inconsequential, where as for the retailer it's food on the table. By the way.... this retailer is Lee, from Leesrazors.com

I guess my point is... dud's are going to occur and inconvieniences are a part of life - but when you act quickly, do not give the retailer adequate time to respond/look for a solution (keep in mind the time difference as well), take a chip out of someones reputation, and "roust the troops" against them.... you'd better expect to get some poor service, and you better expect a bit of flack. Honestly... if you were a retailer - would you want to sell product to someone who complained of an issue before given adequate time to resolve it - or took unreasonable measures to solve it? Sure... it is a shaving brush..... sure... you love it, you want a new one, and you paid good money for it.... but it isn't an organ going to a donor - and I am sure you wouldn't be throwing a stink, or possibly even mentioning it if you paid $10 to mail it USPS, instead of $56 to ship it FEDEX.... you seem upset because you think the $56 is unreasonble... I agree... and I am sure Robert does as well :wink:

The facts are the facts.... and the fact is Lee from Lee's Razors offers Simpsons at the least expensive price, will match/beat ANY advertised/offered price and will throw in free shipping. If you look at my posts - you will not see me recommend ANY other retailer to purchase a simpson shaving brush from, as quite simply I think it is just plain silly to purchase it anywhere else..... why pay MORE for the exact same thing when you don't have to?

Personally.... I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Robert at TGS.... in fact... I recommend it, as for products other than simpson shaving brushes.... he has just about the best prices and the best selection.

Lemme just mention though..... I don't think Slider did anything "wrong" at all, he handled the situation in the manner HE deemed fit, and I don't think he should be judged in ANY way shape or form based on how he handled his problem... but please.... since we only know one side of the story (not saying Slider is lying at ALL - but email can be very tricky/deceptive and he may have come off to Robert as a total #$%%) and since we can ALL agree $56 for shipping is not reasonable.... let's all take a deep breath, and relax a bit. It is a bad situation.... for everyone.... but I don't think we should necessarily write Robert angry letters, ralley the troops, and boycott the gentleman. After all.... he at least is going to replace it..... unlike some @#%$% we know :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well said Joel. By the way who is the other "@#%$%." Just wondering so I don't make the mistake of purchasing from them. Not trying to start any trouble.

Chris

Jack Bauer said:
Well said Joel. By the way who is the other "@#%$%." Just wondering so I don't make the mistake of purchasing from them. Not trying to start any trouble.

Chris

I purchased a $250 "Shavemaster" from Charles Roberts at Enchante. When it arrived it was shedding like crazy (PRIOR TO USE) and the handle was LOPSIDED . I contacted him with my concerns, and he told me to use it, see how it worked out, and we'd work something out. I used it for awhile it kept shedding like mad (I am talking 15-20 hairs a shave (posted pics of it)... still to this day!) and the handle was poorly manufactured and obviously lopsided. He refused to replace it, and at most offered to have me pay to ship the brush to him, then pay the return shipping and they would "repair it" by cutting the handle off, re-gluing it, putting a new handle on, etc. I deemed it unreasonable - as I had paid full price for a NEW shavemaster - and I didn't want a frankenstein/repaired one that I would have to pay MORE money for (insured shipping both ways makes it at LEAST a $270 repaired/frankenstein brush) and I questioned the ability to repair it, since it didn't show up right initially, I figured having them cut it up and rebuild it would just give me a BIGGER P.O.S. This was the ONLY option Charles Roberts would entertain, adamently refused to provide me with a new brush, regardless of who paid shipping costs, etc - he made it clear as day the ONLY option would be to repair the one I had.... period.... and I would have to pay shipping 2X. Knowing that if it showed back up the same/worse... I'd have $270 into a worthless brush that the manufacture will not stand behind regardless... so I took the $250 hit as a lesson learned, and told ole CAR he will not be getting my business/referrals in the future to which he told me to pound sand. Eh.... lesson learned :cursing:

Joel made some very good points, and as I mentioned before, I'm understanding of the GS not wanting to be responsible for my heinous shipping charges, especially when they can't know for sure that I'm being honest about my experience with the Brush. I looked back at my email, and my second one was rather abrubpt, since I was already late for a meeting. It said the following:

Deborah,

I have shipped the brush back via FedEx. Attached is the receipt with the tracking number. As you can see, the freight was $55 USD, so it would be appreciated if you could reimburse the shipping charges as they are almost 1/3 the cost of the original brush.

Now I'm sure this is where Deborah got Robert involved, and I can see how someone getting a tap on the shoulder and thrust this email would be a little surprised and skeptical, but at the same time, Insulting a customer or just someone you don't know in general is poor manners, and that's ultimately how this whole thing blew up.

If you go back and check the first thread, I originally requested advice to see if anyone thought I might be able to return this through an American vendor to expedite the process. After that post, members mentioned they'd like to see how the whole process goes, so I started posting updates. As far as working things out with the vendor, my last email to Robert was a simple "thanks for your assistance" as it was obvious he didn't much care for me or my request, and made it clear he wouldn't be responsible for my shipping (which again, I understand).

Initially I wasn't out to make the TGS look bad (which Joel accurately points out I did by just mentioning them along with the malfunctioning brush they had nothing to do with), but inadvertently did. After the email from Robert was when everything really started to unravel. While I can't say for sure, if his return email just kindly explained that he thought my shipping charges were a little steep, and that he didn't feel responsible for the defects, I imagine my post would have been, something to the accord of oh well, my shipping charges were ludicrous, and not being responsible for the brush, TGS doesn't feel obligated to pay for them, as they still have to incur shipping the brush back to Simpson's itself.

All I'm wanting to do is share my experience with this vendor/manufacturer for other people's insights. There are other threads that talk about great dealings with TGS, which is why I didn't hesitate to go there, and at no time during this entire thread have I proposed any kind of boycott, petition, or flat out said YOU should not shop there (though some of my anger may imply it indirectly). The choice is yours, and seeing as how defects are rare, it's not really a roll of the dice to order a stable of goodies from them (as they DO have an incredible selection and DO ship quickly, even to the US), because I'm willing to bet 99.9% of you will end up happy, repeat customers. Sadly, I ended up the 0.1% and it really is only because I feel my character was insulted. So while I may have been hasty with the whole situation, I still feel I've been as objective as I can be, and I'm glad there are people out here who always make sure that the other side of the story is looked at. One-sided skewering can be left to the shaveblog guy.

joel said:
Regardless of how he resolved the issue, saying you received a "bad brush" from a vendor is going to make members more apt to purchase from locations they have NOT heard of bad brushes coming from, as regardless of how it is handled - the pain in the rear of being out a brush - shipping it back, etc - is not worth the headache.

Joel, you make a lot of good points, but I'm not sure the above is true. I figure with all products there are going to be some duds, and someone getting one from a particular vendor makes me no more likely to think mine from that vendor will be a dub - it's as likely from one as another (excluding sketchy vendors). So if I hear that it happens, and then that it was handled well, I am MORE likely to buy from that person. Which is well illustrated by your description of your brush incident, and the fantastic service received and then at the end noting:

By the way.... this retailer is Lee, from Leesrazors.com

Makes me want to order from Lee.

So I'm not sure if it is altogether fair to criticize Slider for posting who the vendor was...

moses said:
Joel, you make a lot of good points, but I'm not sure the above is true. I figure with all products there are going to be some duds, and someone getting one from a particular vendor makes me no more likely to think mine from that vendor will be a dub - it's as likely from one as another (excluding sketchy vendors). So if I hear that it happens, and then that it was handled well, I am MORE likely to buy from that person. Which is well illustrated by your description of your brush incident, and the fantastic service received and then at the end noting:

Makes me want to order from Lee.

So I'm not sure if it is altogether fair to criticize Slider for posting who the vendor was...

Moses,
I guess it was not clear - but I was trying to convey with that story - that telling the whole FINISHED story as an afterthought gives the retailer a fair chance, where as stating a problem without a resolution is not really "fair." If someone was looking to purchase a brush THAT day, and Slider had just mentioned his faulty Simpson.... i'll lay you odds the fella buying the simpson THAT DAY is gonna go with another vendor - as he doesn't know what the resolution of the matter was. For the vendor - this can be frustrating, as posting a problem/pics at the same time it is sent to the vendor (with an 8 hour time difference) IS damaging to the vendor initially, and then the situation must be handled with "kit gloves" for fear of having a further tarnished reputation. While I agree a POSTIVE solution/experience is a good thing, and can help business, as a retailer/vendor, what would your initial reaction be to someone posting their problem publically without having given you a chance to make good on it yet? I know to me personally it would come off as an underhanded way with which to get a faster/better resolution to the problem by making it public - however as a retailer I know it would really rub me the wrong way.... no need to make anything public (good or bad) without having given them a chance, or come to some form of resolution.

Just my .02

joel said:
Consider this... from Robert's standpoint, you publically posted pictures of the damaged brush - stating it was purchased from his establishment - without giving him the chance/time to work with you to resolve the issue. Now - bear with me for just one moment.... if you hear of a "bad brush" being sourced from TGS and you are about to buy a brush the last place you are going to want to look is TGS... period. Regardless of how he resolved the issue, saying you received a "bad brush" from a vendor is going to make members more apt to purchase from locations they have NOT heard of bad brushes coming from, as regardless of how it is handled - the pain in the rear of being out a brush - shipping it back, etc - is not worth the headache.

Third - After publically stating yoru problems/posting pictures you gave them VERY little time to talk to you/work with you to help resolve the issue - before you shipped the brush back to them. Did they recommend shipping it via fedex? What method of shipment did they use to send it TO you? How much did YOU pay to have the products shipped from TGS to you? I can guarantee it was not $56 or whatever you paid to have it shipped back to them. It is one thing to have to "shop around" to find the cheapest place to ship the brush back to him..... but come on.... $56? If YOU were Robert, how would you take that? Personally, I would take that as a slap in the face.

You are way off base Joel. The reputation of the manufacturer is what is at stake when a faulty product occours. That same brush could have made it's way to Lee just as easily as it made it to TGS. The people who make it are responsible for making sure a quality product is delivered. The reputation of TGS is harmed when they don't do everything possible to make their customer satisfied. The only reply from TGS should have been if you want us to pay for the shipping then we will send you a label to use (call tag) that way they still get the business rates that they deserve. If you can't wait for the call tag then you can send it but you will have to pay for it to get to TGS. From there a new brush should be packaged and sent to the customer with a smile from Robert as well. Robert would then ream out Simpsons to get satisfaction for the dammage and expense. The customer should never see a cross word to them.

joel said:

Slider did get a reply from TGS saying to send the brush back. It was only after he told them how much the shipping was that they balked. A responsible business would have told them how to ship it back in the first response instead of putting it on the customer.

All that talk about taking food off the table is crap if you ask me. TGS happily made their money when they sold the brush. They run a business and if they want to keep a particular customer then they treat them with respect no matter what the cost. If TGS did what they were supposed to do in the begining then they wouldn't loose food off their table, if anything they would fatten up by getting more orders from others who saw how smoothly the transaction went.

TGS should expect Simpson to take care of them in return for taking care of their problem. I don't think TGS is eating the cost of the brush. It is going to get replaced by Simpsons on the next order and will probably have some other restitution when the rep visits TGS next. I don't think you will see any free brushes given away by TGS that the Simpsons rep gave TGS as "samples".

If you want to do business then sometimes you have to pay the cost of doing business. You said it yourself:

joel said:
Now on the same token - just recently I received a bad shaving brush from a prominent retailer, and eventhough the flaws were obvious - even with a quick inspection, they could be EASILY missed. I brought it to the retailers attention, who IMMEDIATLY shipped me a new brush and requested I ship the defective one back. I did not ask for the retailer to cover the shipping cost to the retailer as I felt it was not their fault, and already they had to ship another brush out to me... and it was only fair I share part of the burden, as hey.... they've got to make a living too, and if it ain't their fault, why should they get triple shafted? (shipping back to them, shipping back to you, shipping/dealing with the manufacture) Now - to this retailers credit, they did give me a few freebies when the new brush showed up - so that covered my shipping costs, but I didn't expect/require 'em.... it sure was one hell of a nice touch though. The retailer even offered to send the replacement brush via overnight shipping at the expense of the retailer... but I denied this, as I didn't want to make this an even MORE unprofitable transaction for the retailer. This is fun and games for me, and although I WANT my brush and I wanted it right the first time I didn't NEED it immediatly.... and the difference for me is a few days which is inconsequential, where as for the retailer it's food on the table. By the way.... this retailer is Lee, from Leesrazors.com

That is doing and crating business.

Ah. True, that makes sense, I suppose. Not that I suspect Slider was actually posting it in order to put pressure on anyone, but I see how it might look that way to the vendor (if they knew), especially since it seemed he was mostly just asking for advice on what to do, until he felt cheated. And I see your point about the fairness of posting the whole story at the end.

Just wondering, on another tangent. Is it really best to go to the Vendor, or the maker for a defective product like this? I mean, if you bought it from Lee, you certainly will not get better service by going to Simpson, but will you get worse? Or especially if a vendor shows hesitancy to take care of you - might the maker be more responsive? Especially someone as high end as Simpsons?

joel said:
Moses,
I guess it was not clear - but I was trying to convey with that story - that telling the whole FINISHED story as an afterthought gives the retailer a fair chance, where as stating a problem without a resolution is not really "fair." If someone was looking to purchase a brush THAT day, and Slider had just mentioned his faulty Simpson.... i'll lay you odds the fella buying the simpson THAT DAY is gonna go with another vendor - as he doesn't know what the resolution of the matter was. For the vendor - this can be frustrating, as posting a problem/pics at the same time it is sent to the vendor (with an 8 hour time difference) IS damaging to the vendor initially, and then the situation must be handled with "kit gloves" for fear of having a further tarnished reputation. While I agree a POSTIVE solution/experience is a good thing, and can help business, as a retailer/vendor, what would your initial reaction be to someone posting their problem publically without having given you a chance to make good on it yet? I know to me personally it would come off as an underhanded way with which to get a faster/better resolution to the problem by making it public - however as a retailer I know it would really rub me the wrong way.... no need to make anything public (good or bad) without having given them a chance, or come to some form of resolution.

Just my .02

That is the way the world is dealing now. The internet can take us to a war zone as the fighting is occouring. If you are a global business then you have to deal with the speed the world is running at. The vender's rep is not damaged by having a situation play out in real time. They had a chance to excel on a global stage in real time and they blew it. They harmed their rep not Slider.

moses said:
Just wondering, on another tangent. Is it really best to go to the Vendor, or the maker for a defective product like this? I mean, if you bought it from Lee, you certainly will not get better service by going to Simpson, but will you get worse? Or especially if a vendor shows hesitancy to take care of you - might the maker be more responsive? Especially someone as high end as Simpsons?

I say go to the vendor.... try to contact Simpsons... just for kicks... it is a MAJOR pain in the rear. Truth be told, from what EVERY Simpson vendor has told ME - Simpson is a MAJOR pain in the rear to deal with - and often the vendors are the ones who get "shafted." I guess you can act like that however... when you are "simpson" - just like Rolex Watches... every simpson that is made each year... is sold.

Gatorade said:
That is the way the world is dealing now. The internet can take us to a war zone as the fighting is occouring. If you are a global business then you have to deal with the speed the world is running at. The vender's rep is not damaged by having a situation play out in real time. They had a chance to excel on a global stage in real time and they blew it. They harmed their rep not Slider.

I agree with Gator on this one. Though it may not seem like the right thing to do, the customer can do whatever THEY deem fit about the situation. The vendor has no right to insult the customer like that. Even if he knew the customer had started a thread about it, it would have benefited the vendor more he if was able to give a polite response and resolve the issue so that the customer can post his results here on the board and everything would have been settled.

Slider had already stated that he did not mind paying the shipping costs but was more concerned about the response he got. Heck I would be ticked off as well.

Posting results as they happen on this board and any other board is just like talking to a group of friends over a cup of coffee at your house (in the broadest sense). If we all lived near Slider and were over at his house (for example) he obviously would have told us about the problem he was having even before the vendor had a chance to respond. Then we would share that with our people and so on. So somewhere along the line there would have been a person ready to buy from TGS but might have changed their mind due to what we have told them.

Like Gator said, the internet allows us to communicate in real-time over large areas so it is no different then talking at a fix geographic location. The Vendor choose to do business online and like other online vendors has to deal with the consequences when they arise in a professional manner.

I am not trying to offend anyone just giving my $0.02.

Lee told me they are very hard to get a hold of... and Robert also told me to contact Simpson's to let them know the brush was coming from TGS and then to give them my Address so they could ship it back directly to me, rather than going back through TGS. I'm starting to worry all this means no PJ2 in Thailand.

joel said:
I say go to the vendor.... try to contact Simpsons... just for kicks... it is a MAJOR pain in the rear. Truth be told, from what EVERY Simpson vendor has told ME - Simpson is a MAJOR pain in the rear to deal with - and often the vendors are the ones who get "shafted." I guess you can act like that however... when you are "simpson" - just like Rolex Watches... every simpson that is made each year... is sold.

Joel......

I have contacted Simpsons and have had prompt responses and exemplary service. You just have to be patient-sometimes takes a day or two for a reply but the response is always forthcoming as well as going that "extra mile". For that matter, any of the very few problems that i've had with my shaving gear were always addressed to the maker and never to the vendors. That said, whatever works for you is fine.

As always, there are pros and cons to all of the positions expressed.

I can see why Slider didn't want to drive around looking for the cheapest method of shipping, but I can also see why GS may be upset at $56 shipping charges. Blame this on less-than-perfect communication on both sides - in which case, it may be fair to share the cost.

As for whether Slider was a little overzealous in telling us what was going on in real time or identifying the vendor, I totally disagree that you should let things play out before giving people a synopsis after the dust has settled. Vendors are quite happy to take the upside of forums such as this one - a good word about a vendor or particular product can generate an immediate volume of sales that would have not otherwise been made. Similarly, they should expect the world to find out in pretty quick order if they don't provide good customer service or stand behind what they sell. Robert has also chosen to join B&B and use his posts to promote his business - again, if you want the upside, you have to accept the downside.

In my view, Rober's comments to the effect that no one has ever experienced a defect in a Simpson brush and that Slider must have caused the damage and is a liar is totally unacceptable. Especially when he hasn't had a chance to actually examine the brush in person.

In most cases, I am willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt and try to see things from both sides. However having the owner of a business call you a liar for no good reason and with no evidence is not one of these cases. It is this act and this act alone that would cause me to think twice about doing business with this person.

Top Bottom