• BO

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So I have a Friend that is a Lurker here, and He likes Persian Jar handles
I never made one before and I even made a comment on one that @CigarSmoka
made and said that I did not care for the shape,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who new.
Once I started turning I found myself a little more into the shape.
Lady Like I guess (No offense Girls) it is a rather pleasant shape that feels good in the hand
So thanks go to the Lurker for another shape .
I have two here ,one is Olive wood and the other is Bocote .
The two shape are a little different so you guys answer me this, which one gets the knot ? 28mm 2 Band Badger
pj2.jpg
pj4.jpg

I really like the Olive wood.
You make some really really really great brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally voted for bocote, but I am changing to olive! The lighter color is smooth and warm. I like it!

Nothing wrong with bocote, but olivewood is a tough one to beat and gets my vote.

The shape has grown on me too, I find it to be comfortable in the hand and ladylike as well. I turned a smaller one last saturday but have yet to sand & polish it.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks to everyone , @CigarSmoka I know ,it just kinda grows on you. can't wait to see your's Jay
is it wood or resin ?

They're both lovely, but I like the grain of the olive wood more. It almost seems to glow.

I really like the Olive wood.
You make some really really really great brushes.
Thank You so much for the kind words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the olive better in general, but I like the colors of the bocote with the knot better.

I originally voted for bocote, but I am changing to olive! The lighter color is smooth and warm. I like it!
I need to make a @Avvatar Brush ,Hope you like synthetic :)

Both are nice but I voted for Olivewood.

Nothing wrong with bocote, but olivewood is a tough one to beat and gets my vote.

The shape has grown on me too, I find it to be comfortable in the hand and ladylike as well. I turned a smaller one last saturday but have yet to sand & polish it.
Jay all my brushes are Lady's ,don't want no man brush on my face ...;)

Graydog

Biblical Innards
:001_302:

It's resin like the last one. I don't make a lot of wood handles although I should since I'm allergic to acrylic. The truth is I hate doing a CA finish so I shy away from it.

Jay when you do use CA how do you apply it ?

I use a blue shop towel because I don't like the "baggie" technique which puts on too thick of a layer for me. You need to be careful what type of paper towel you use because many of the name brands actually cause the CA to go of. Test it by putting a drop on the towel and waiting to see if it smokes within 10 seconds. The thinner blue shop towels for glass are safe to use. After I build up enough layers I wetsand and polish. Thats for a gloss finish, getting a satin or low luster CA finish is done differently. They sell a low gloss CA for finishing now but I've never tried it.

Top Bottom