What's new

Pizza- there is always that one guy

I guess it's a joke right? For one vegetarian means no meat. Two, sausage is normally made with pork, a big no no in Indonesia. Meat and dairy shouldn't be mixed in the largest Muslim country in the world. You're there and I'm not so you must be right - very strange.

Beef, veal, lamb, turkey, chicken, bison, deer, tofu, and anything else roaming the earth sausages and yes, some places even stuff them with pork.
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I guess it's a joke right? For one vegetarian means no meat. Two, sausage is normally made with pork, a big no no in Indonesia. Meat and dairy shouldn't be mixed in the largest Muslim country in the world. You're there and I'm not so you must be right - very strange.
Meat and dairy at the same meal is a no-no for kosher, not for halal.

I'll admit I'm not an expert, but, my co-worker who is a Wahhabi, the strictest type, will only eat a vegetarian pizza citing that rule.

Checking a few official religious sites reveals that you are correct. Maybe he practiced that because most meat on pizza has pork in it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'll admit I'm not an expert, but, my co-worker who is a Wahhabi, the strictest type, will only eat a vegetarian pizza citing that rule.

Checking a few official religious sites reveals that you are correct. Maybe he practiced that because most meat on pizza has pork in it.
Maybe Wahhabi has stricter rules, but the second part (pizza meat being primarily pork based) might be part of it, too.

Actually, Indonesia is pretty relaxed about religion and porky products (and alcohol) are readily available. Some even eat pork themselves. Then you have Bali which is mostly Hindu and pork is very popular there.

There are some fanatics of course, but they are a minority thankfully.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

It's just his way of getting the pizza he wanted. Easier than getting a side order of toast in some places ...

proxy.php

The vegetarian pizza had onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic, so all it needed was extra sausage
It's just his way of getting the pizza he wanted.

The alternative would a sausage pizza with extra onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic and i assume at an added cost for each extra.

dave

I know this is kind of an old thread already, I was reading thru this back when I was just lurking the site, before I was a member, and was thinking that I would respond to it if I ever joined the forum. So here it goes...

This will probably sound nuts, but pineapple pizza changed my life !!! LOL !!! There was one day recently where my dad was trying to get a few of us to try pineapple pizza.....and we were all thinking - what are you nuts ?!?!? that couldn't possibly be any good !!! who would put that on a pizza ?!?!?

My aunt and uncle were so dead against it that they wouldn't even take a single bite. I said - ahhhh what the heck, and i tried it. And although it's certainly not one of my favorites, and i don't think I've ever had it again since....it was a decent pleasurable experience that I normally would have missed out on if I hadn't just went and tried it that day.

So from that point on, me and the wife have tried to eat from as many different restaurants as possible instead of going to the same old places over and over....or if we go to the same place I try to order something every time. And it led us down weird paths like trying different fancy bath soaps and perfumes and aftershaves and eventually led me here to this forum and fancier ways of shaving.

BUUUUUT... even with all that said...i still don't think i could ever bring myself to try an anchovies slice LOL

Put get a pizza with just pineapple, then cover it with spam. Which would really be far more Hawaiian that the one we serve that was invented in the Midwest Untied States. Then if they complain say you thought they wanted a Hawaiian style Pizza? They don't eat Canadian Bacon in Hawaii.

There is a possibility they many not eat it because of pre-conceived notions on that underrated canned ham. Then you can toss the pineapple and enjoy the pizza yourself.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know this is kind of an old thread already, I was reading thru this back when I was just lurking the site, before I was a member, and was thinking that I would respond to it if I ever joined the forum. So here it goes...

This will probably sound nuts, but pineapple pizza changed my life !!! LOL !!! There was one day recently where my dad was trying to get a few of us to try pineapple pizza.....and we were all thinking - what are you nuts ?!?!? that couldn't possibly be any good !!! who would put that on a pizza ?!?!?

My aunt and uncle were so dead against it that they wouldn't even take a single bite. I said - ahhhh what the heck, and i tried it. And although it's certainly not one of my favorites, and i don't think I've ever had it again since....it was a decent pleasurable experience that I normally would have missed out on if I hadn't just went and tried it that day.

So from that point on, me and the wife have tried to eat from as many different restaurants as possible instead of going to the same old places over and over....or if we go to the same place I try to order something every time. And it led us down weird paths like trying different fancy bath soaps and perfumes and aftershaves and eventually led me here to this forum and fancier ways of shaving.

BUUUUUT... even with all that said...i still don't think i could ever bring myself to try an anchovies slice LOL
Good story
Put get a pizza with just pineapple, then cover it with spam. Which would really be far more Hawaiian that the one we serve that was invented in the Midwest Untied States. Then if they complain say you thought they wanted a Hawaiian style Pizza? They don't eat Canadian Bacon in Hawaii.

There is a possibility they many not eat it because of pre-conceived notions on that underrated canned ham. Then you can toss the pineapple and enjoy the pizza yourself.

You're right about the Spam. Now I want to try one :lol:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
It has been a while. I wanted something different for dinner. Non traditional but Canadian Cheddar, left over vodka sauce, red pepper, mushrooms, and pepperoni. As good as any and far ahead of many.

La Grande Orange.jpg

Cmon guys, I never understood the cult like hatred for pineapple and ham pizza, pineapple and pork, that's a classic combination. In fact, pineapple and practically any meat.

*that awkward moment when you realize you're the guy*

I remember arguing Hawaiian pizza for the first time about 32 or 33 years ago when Domino's pizza in my home town. I'm not sure if this is when is was first available, at least at this location, but my father who has never been a fan of pizza, was very excited to try it. I was 6 or 7 years old. It's still his favorite.
With that said, Pepperoni is my favorite and most preferred pizza to eat, but every now and then I get a craving for a Hawaiian pizza. These days I make my own pizza more often than ordering it. Here's a before and after baking picture of the one I made two weeks ago.

20210222_162056.jpg
20210307_221818.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I must be an aberration among pizza lovers. I like pineapple on pizza, but ONLY if accompanied by ham and/or bacon (preferably both)
That said, I prefer a plain cheese pizza

Top Bottom