What's new

Pizza- there is always that one guy

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Punchy.jpg

We've had people request Vegetarian and I'm the only one that ate it. The requester was just virtue-signaling.

In southeast Asia one popular abomination is a seafood "pizza" which substitutes mayonnaise for tomato sauce, topped with (fake) crab stick, pineapple, occasionally peas... it's quite a thing.

That actually sounds pretty good to me. That gross-looking seafood casserole dish, that is on every cheap Chinese buffet in the US? That thing made with fake crab, mayonnaise, celery, and if you are lucky, a few shrimp? I freaking LOVE that dish. I eat it with sushi.

I want to try anchovy and pineapple some time too.

Pizza=mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, extra cheese on special occasions....maybe a few onions. Mic drop......

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My daughter's favourite pizza is garlic, olive oil and a mix of provolone/fontina cheeses.

I'm happiest trying something new every time, the surprise/disappointment only happens once.
dave
Sounds good

When I lived in Jakarta, we used to frequent Sportsmans Bar: it was a great place with many screens for watching all sports, indeed they used to tape major games and you could them to replay it on a quiet Wednesday night, but I digress...

They did excellent pizzas, but the top choice was a vegetarian with extra sausage. It took a while for the bar girls to get used to the order(!)

I guess it's a joke right? For one vegetarian means no meat. Two, sausage is normally made with pork, a big no no in Indonesia. Meat and dairy shouldn't be mixed in the largest Muslim country in the world. You're there and I'm not so you must be right - very strange.

Top Bottom