What's new

Pizza- there is always that one guy

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
While we're kinda in the neighbourhood of pineapples, here's a story...

In 2007 I was working briefly in Beijing, training telecom engineers ahead of the Olympics. Down the street from where I lived was a little corner store that sold beer. All of the Canadian group would go down there every few days and stock up. We drank buckets of Tsingtao in 600 ml bottles, but we also tried what we were told was a "Beijing Special Beer." I forget the name, but it was essentially a very simple pale lager with some pineapple juice added.

You could probably get the same effect by putting a blast of pineapple juice into a mug of Grain Belt. Not all that impressive but a can or ten of that with some of the weird flavours of potato chips they have in Asia wasn't a bad way to unlax and rewind after a hard day.

Dunno if they still make Grain Belt. Breakfast of Champions, for sure.

O.H.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I must be an aberration among pizza lovers. I like pineapple on pizza, but ONLY if accompanied by ham and/or bacon (preferably both)
That said, I prefer a plain cheese pizza
I sometimes go the plain cheese route.

Plain cheese is the best way to tell if a pizza is good.
I've never tried judging a pizzas quality by getting a cheese only pizza, but I can see how a the flavor of a poor quality cheese could be masked by other toppings.
I've always judged pizzas for the flavor of the sauce and crust. I'm so critical about these two main building blocks of a pizza that I've spent nearly 20 year perfecting my homemade versions. Now I only buy pizza if I'm out off town and pizza is what I'm craving.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've never tried judging a pizzas quality by getting a cheese only pizza, but I can see how a the flavor of a poor quality cheese could be masked by other toppings.
I've always judged pizzas for the flavor of the sauce and crust. I'm so critical about these two main building blocks of a pizza that I've spent nearly 20 year perfecting my homemade versions. Now I only buy pizza if I'm out off town and pizza is what I'm craving.
I've always been of the opinion that ok crust & ok sauce can still be good IF the cheese is good, but if you have a mediocre cheese it can ruin the pizza no matter how good the crust & sauce are.
Just my opinion; I've only been eating pizza for 60+ years, so I probably don't really know anything.

Plain cheese is the best way to tell if a pizza is good.
I've always been of the opinion that ok crust & ok sauce can still be good IF the cheese is good, but if you have a mediocre cheese it can ruin the pizza no matter how good the crust & sauce are.
Just my opinion; I've only been eating pizza for 60+ years, so I probably don't really know anything.
I agree, quality cheese is also a must!
By the way, your pizza eating experience exceeds my own. Not knowing exactly when I had pizza for the first time, I probably only have around 34 years under my belt. You can even see it the mirror when I stand sideways!
By the way, I had pizza cooked on a smoker grill for the first time a few days ago and highly recommend it to all who haven't.

Last edited:
Sounds tasty. General Tso's chicken is one of my favorites.
Does this pizza have a red tomato sauce on it, or something different?
It was from a pizza place that was owned by a Chinese couple that had the space next door to it that was a Chinese restaurant. If I remember correctly it was a regular pizza that you could add certain Chinese food as toppings. But the pizza place has been out of business for awhile now. The shopping center has always had trouble keeping that spot filled. As far as I know the Chinese restaurant is still there. They’re my favorite place for general tso’s chicken

We got nailed hard at work yesterday, and I sent an email to my bosses about the good work everyone did. Today I am given $50 to order pizza. So I ask what everyone wants and, of course, one clown has to say Hawaiian. So, while everyone tears up the pepperoni and extra cheese pizzas, he will be the only one eating the abomination of pizza-hood, and taking the rest home.
There's also a type who will order a pizza nobody else likes, and then when they all arrive, they'll eat all the other ones. Cute.

Just gonna throw these in the microwave. Delicious!
1A9D4E7E-EE79-4258-BA12-C87EBBBBE582.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 I need a New England style clam and bacon pizza.

Been too long.

Sliced meatball topping - real meatballs from the restaurant side - toasted by the broiler looking like gyro meat - is also an underrated topping.

AA

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
The Aussie Pizza
Tomato, cheese, ham, bacon and eggs. And if you really want to level up to cork hat 'Strayan, add pineapples too. To some, these are just breakfast ingredients. To Australians, they signify the poetry and ecstasy of our national pizza. The "Aussie" was invented by the late Salvatore Della Bruna, the Picasso of Australia's pizza heritage who established this country's first pizza parlour, Toto's on Melbourne's Lygon Street.

The Aussie Pizza
Tomato, cheese, ham, bacon and eggs. And if you really want to level up to cork hat 'Strayan, add pineapples too. To some, these are just breakfast ingredients. To Australians, they signify the poetry and ecstasy of our national pizza. The "Aussie" was invented by the late Salvatore Della Bruna, the Picasso of Australia's pizza heritage who established this country's first pizza parlour, Toto's on Melbourne's Lygon Street.

That's a Breakfast Pizza, available at many gasoline stations in the USA.

Top Bottom