What's new

Pizza- there is always that one guy

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We got nailed hard at work yesterday, and I sent an email to my bosses about the good work everyone did. Today I am given $50 to order pizza. So I ask what everyone wants and, of course, one clown has to say Hawaiian. So, while everyone tears up the pepperoni and extra cheese pizzas, he will be the only one eating the abomination of pizza-hood, and taking the rest home.

My stepson was in the Philippines recently visiting his fiancee and her family. He reported that Hawaiian pizza is the favorite there.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I had the exact same thing happen to me at work a few years ago. It ended with me saying to the offending brute, "By the way, that's not poi."

Never happened again.

I like just about any pizza, including Hawaiian. It is a good change of pace from time to time.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I think it was worse in the 90's, when folks were making goat cheese and smoked salmon pizzas.

I think it was worse in the 90's, when folks were making goat cheese and smoked salmon pizzas.

I only have to go back a couple years, we're way behind up here in the land of snow.
We've been using goat cheese since the 80's.
Anchovies work well too but have never eaten a Hawaiian.
FullSizeRender[2] (2).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
file7.jpeg

dave

I get a Hawaiian pizza now an dthen.

A co-wprkers friend operates a franchise, and he cam in with a Anchovy-pineapple-mushroom pizza. It was great, the sweet pineapple and salty anchoy compliment each othervery well.

At work, pizza has often been our supper, with the leftovers for breakfast if we're still working. No one takes a poll; we get an assortment and have at them. Yes, this includes Hawaiian pizza. Not my favorite, but will eat it, especially if there's nothing else.

OTOH, have seen people pick mushrooms and olives off pizza, so ....

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I quite like pineapple on a pizza from time to time, but I actually don't much care for the "Hawaiian" pizza. The Canadian bacon is too bland. Like Pepin brought up, anchovies are great with pineapple. I also like some sort of salami or prosciutto or something like that. I bet country ham is good, but I haven't tried it. I think the key is to be salty and a bit funky.

One of the best pizzas I've ever had featured smoked salmon. Oh, baby, was it good.

Top Bottom