What's new

Pitralon Aftershave is Back!

We first brought Pitralon aftershave to the United States about ten years ago but, the manufacturer required such a huge amount that we never replenished our stock when we sold out a few years ago. I am happy to announce that I have found a distributor for Pitralon Classic and we once again have it in our shop. This time tested classic is hard to find in the United States and it definitely deserves a spot in your Shave Cave.

pitralon-classic-aftershave-100ml-3-4-fl-oz.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I might bite. A good bracing Anglo-Saxon aftershave for a crisp spring day sounds nice.

Curious: Is that pre shave up there somewhat of a tonic? Do you carry that and the aftershave?

I’m not familiar with Pitralon.
Can you tell me more about it?
Pitralon Classic (Also known as German Pitralon) is an alcohol based splash that has been in production since the 1920's. I'd describe the scent as herbal and woody (Cedar Wood) and not over powering. For an alcohol based splash, it has good skin conditioning qualities. I find it quite refreshing.

Pitralon also makes other scents in other countries. There is a Swiss Pitralon that has kind of a fruity scent to it, Pitralon Pure which is similar to Swiss Pitralon but with a higher alcohol content (and possibly higher scent concentration) and an aquatic version called Pitralon Polar. There` is also a Czech Pitralon and probably others that I am not aware of.

We used to import Classic, Swiss, Pure and Polar but the minimum order requirements were something like 1800 bottles. It was a logistical nightmare (see below)

Pitralon Shipment.jpg

Pitralon Classic (Also known as German Pitralon) is an alcohol based splash that has been in production since the 1920's. I'd describe the scent as herbal and woody (Cedar Wood) and not over powering. For an alcohol based splash, it has good skin conditioning qualities. I find it quite refreshing.

Pitralon also makes other scents in other countries. There is a Swiss Pitralon that has kind of a fruity scent to it, Pitralon Pure which is similar to Swiss Pitralon but with a higher alcohol content (and possibly higher scent concentration) and an aquatic version called Pitralon Polar. There` is also a Czech Pitralon and probably others that I am not aware of.

We used to import Classic, Swiss, Pure and Polar but the minimum order requirements were something like 1800 bottles. It was a logistical nightmare (see below)

View attachment 1609136
Pitralon Classic sounds great!
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to try it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
We first brought Pitralon aftershave to the United States about ten years ago but, the manufacturer required such a huge amount that we never replenished our stock when we sold out a few years ago. I am happy to announce that I have found a distributor for Pitralon Classic and we once again have it in our shop. This time tested classic is hard to find in the United States and it definitely deserves a spot in your Shave Cave.

View attachment 1608741
Well, it says it right on the box: for real men!!
And it is made with natural Cedar oil

It's good stuff. I like to pair it with Mitchell's Wool Fat soap,
but it's a versatile enough scent, you can finds *lots* of soaps to pair with, I suspect.

Nice to learn it's now available from a USA Vendor, next time I need to order....

It's good stuff. I like to pair it with Mitchell's Wool Fat soap,
but it's a versatile enough scent, you can finds *lots* of soaps to pair with, I suspect.

Nice to learn it's now available from a USA Vendor, next time I need to order....
I'm really glad that we have it once again. I agree...it's a classic scent.

Top Bottom