What's new

Pistol for a Wife

That is why I like revolvers for starting out.
Concealed Carry Magazine, August issue, had a product showcase on the Kimber K6s -DASA. Looks like good workmanship, deburring, and capable of hosting 357mag. All in a package that isn't light/tiny like my 340-PD but not a 4 inch'er with the extra weight/girth. Seems to be a well thought out package.

(Though I'd spend - for me - for a TRR-8 but I'm 6ft/280 and it would just be buried on me concealed.)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yep, I'm pretty magnificent I have to say... :)
And since she is reminded of Rod Stewart every time he's around (she wants his body and thinks he is sexy) I think you guys are just jealous.

I have the same, but DIFFERENT problem: my wife thinks Rod Stewart is sexy, and begs me to not sing any of his music. Yeah, I'm as shocked as y'all are.

Here's my everyday carry.
IMG_20200829_134636371.jpg

And I have the same gun in .22, the triggers are staged, but DAO. The .22 is actually harder to squeeze, as it is a rimfire, and takes a greater impact to cause the mechano-chemical reaction to make it go "bang!"

Both are fun on my hillbilly range; after you've shot 'em a bit you can squeeze the trigger and "rest" a bit on the "cam" and reacquire your target. Especially with the .22, but be ready for a tingle if you do it a lot because your nerve running to the tip of your index finger gets kinda tender after a few hours, lol.

The ONLY thing I can fault the set up for is this: the .357 holds 5 rounds, the .22 holds 8. I wish that 5 rounds was an option.

I practice with .38's in the .357, and USUALLY carry it with .38's; I just get back on target quicker.

I lied. Another thing I'd change, and I may end up buying another LCR in 9mm. The one with a bit longer barrel.

I'm not a bad shot with a revolver, but I'm no Elmer Keith. A 1 and 7/8 inch barrel involves more prayer than technique in hitting a bulls eye at 20 paces!

It's funny, I talk all the time about getting a little pocket 9mm semiautomatic, but my wife really would be better at HAVING one; People like me with ADHD have no business having ANY gun more involved than a revolver!

FarmerTan

15990732899908465341363764142351.jpg
The GP100 for scale. I like it for winter time. .38's through it are about like .22's. Really.
Here's what I use for my varmint issues:
15990736270885764503738699942230.jpg
@ackvil : she really might like the little model 63 "kit gun" actually. I wouldn't want to be shot with it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
And since she is reminded of Rod Stewart every time he's around (she wants his body and thinks he is sexy) I think you guys are just jealous.

I have the same, but DIFFERENT problem: my wife thinks Rod Stewart is sexy, and begs me to not sing any of his music. Yeah, I'm as shocked as y'all are.

LMAO!

I walk around the house bare chested for the same reason... Cuz I’m too sexy for my shirt. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
That is why I like revolvers for starting out. If my wife would have started with autos and suffered slide bite she would have quit. Now she would say damn that hurt and shake her hand and jump up and down like the rest of us do. (Of course I had to keep this B&B clean. I am not sure I said damn that hurt the last time it happened to me.)

It’s ok. I have it on good authority that the word “damn”, is in the Bible.

:)

FarmerTan

My wife had a thing for Tom Selleck. Early on I had contemplated shaving my chest, and she let it be known that it would not be permitted. That was when I found out about her TS crush.
My wife had a crush on Kermit the Frog! That's how she picked me, I have a smooth, green chest. (LOTS of chest X-rays when you have heart problems.)

FarmerTan

Obviously I had SHAVED, that's all anybody can expect. It's the covid-19, you know.

AA
Your company doesn't make you wear a mask in a video conference call do they? That would be hilarious. I think NPR did that for awhile. Some company anyhoo. Their excuse basically boiled down to not wanting to trigger anyone that might walk by and see some folks not masked up.

Browning 1911 .380. Its built to a 3/4 scale of a full size 1911 in every way and would really suit someone with smaller hands and who wants something without a lot of kick.
Beyond that, my wife loves shooting my Walther PPQ 5" 9mm. She finds it super easy to shoot.
I love that gun, and don’t know anyone who has shot it that doesn’t. Great pistol.

Top Bottom