What's new

Pistol/Cartridge combinations you'd like to see?

Basically, if you could have someone manufacture a pistol and cartridge, what would it be?

I would like to see a resurrection of the 7.62x25 Tokarev cartridge.

Ideally, in a resurrection of the Luger pistol. Back in the 90s there were new Lugers made in stainless by Stoeger...or was it Mitchell? So something like that, standard barrel length AND an artillery model with shoulder stock.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Glock carbine in x25. OP is right, it's a neat round.

Bottleneck pistol rounds are a proven idea.

AA

I'll throw another one in. A Webley Mk. 6, but with modern metallurgy, heat treating, etc. in .44 Special, 44-40, .45 Schofield, or .45 Auto Rim.

Finishes would be military matte, high polish blue with case hardened hammer and trigger, and factory nickel.

Tell me you wouldn't want one! I figure it wouldn't take too much for Uberti to crank something like that out.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Blue steel S&W J frame 6 shot .327 mag with 4 in. barrel kit gun. I have essentially the same thing in my Ruger SP101 in SS, but a svelt blued S&W would be so much nicer!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Blue steel S&W J frame 6 shot .327 mag with 4 in. barrel kit gun. I have essentially the same thing in my Ruger SP101 in SS, but a svelt blued S&W would be so much nicer!

I swore I just saw an 8 shot S&W in an advertisement the other day?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
.357 Magnum. Not .357 ballistics with .357 Sig. And it needs to reliably cycle. :)

Your late to the party, bub.

I had two Desert Eagles in the 1990s. One .44, the other .357. Neither was reliable, regardless of cartridge pressure tried. But having grown up with 80s movies (The Beretta 92 and Desert Eagle Decade), it was preordained I would own one. Both were meh on reliability.

IIRC, the LAR Grizzly pistol was offerred back then in various chamberings besides its signature .45 Magnum. One of them was .357. I think .44 and 10mm were also options.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I had two Desert Eagles in the 1990s. One .44, the other .357. Neither was reliable, regardless of cartridge pressure tried. But having grown up with 80s movies (The Beretta 92 and Desert Eagle Decade), it was preordained I would own one. Both were meh on reliability.

IIRC, the LAR Grizzly pistol was offerred back then in various chamberings besides its signature .45 Magnum. One of them was .357. I think .44 and 10mm were also options.

I have a friend who owns a LAR Grizzly, man it is a hoot to shoot! :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I aspired to own an LAR Grizzly once. I bought a 1000 primed .45 magnum cases that were on sale. That's as far as I got.

Top Bottom