What's new

Pirate's Cove Bay Rum & Lime Shaving Soap REVIEW DISCUSSION THREAD

Kyle said:
Hey Joel,

Nicely done pictoral/review. Where'd you purchase this?

Ebay... I purchased 4 cakes a few months ago - Ginger Bay Rum (which I gave to Nick), Lime Bay Rum, Lavender and Lime. :thumbup1: The lime and lavender smell quite nice as well! I think all 4 of them with shipping was around $15.

Pirates Cove was one of the first soaps I ever used, and will probably always have one in my rotation. I really like the stuff! It doesn't quite compete with the high-end tallow based soaps, but I think it provides a great lather, lubrication, and moisturization. I always get great, irritation-free shaves with Pirates Cove.

Drew

Two Questions:

1. How does this compare to Will G's shea butter soap?

2. Unrelated, but a question nonetheless: can you successfully melt WillG's soap?

Thanks!

vontech said:
Two Questions:

1. How does this compare to Will G's shea butter soap?

2. Unrelated, but a question nonetheless: can you successfully melt WillG's soap?

Thanks!

RESPONSE:

1. Bows down on its knees to Will G Shea Butter soap. Will G is drastically superior in all efficacy measures, however Pirate's Cove smells superior.

2. The Will G "Emerald" should be ZERO problem to melt. As far as the shea butter, I am not sure, as I haven't tried, but I think you more than likely could.

Top Bottom