What's new

Pirate Beard & baby skin

Hello gents, i am looking for some razor advice.

I have a very wiry pirate beard and very sensitive baby skin - which razor at max 30 bucks would you recomend...??

Thx in advance

I suggest a vintage Gillette, such as a super speed or tech. They can be very mild.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I suggest a vintage Gillette, such as a super speed or tech. They can be very mild.

thats just it, i need a razor that move the beard down like the Muhle R41 but be as gwntle on the skin as a Gillette Tech.
(i have a tech btw - lovely razor)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Pirates are not allowed to shave. Bury your $30 in my backyard.

In the event that that is not funny. Try the Rockwell 6c.

thats just it, i need a razor that move the beard down like the Muhle R41 but be as gwntle on the skin as a Gillette Tech.
(i have a tech btw - lovely razor)
I had a Merkur 34C that would do just that. I believe either of the two I mentioned earlier would also do that. However, others may have some other ideas.

I had a Merkur 34C that would do just that. I believe either of the two I mentioned earlier would also do that. However, others may have some other ideas.

the 34 c is too heavy for me, it gives me quite a bit of razor burn and the tech is too mild for my beard

I have a lot of people ask me this question, and I've heard the best results from using a mild open comb razor (like a Merkur OC, or Long Comb Gillette New) with a very sharp blade (like a Feather). Also more mild single edge razors like a Damaskeene or 1912.

I have a lot of people ask me this question, and I've heard the best results from using a mild open comb razor (like a Merkur OC, or Long Comb Gillette New) with a very sharp blade (like a Feather). Also more mild single edge razors like a Damaskeene or 1912.
OC´s give me razor burn - i had the PAA DOC but sold it after maybe 10 shaves cause it irritated my skin a lot...

OC´s give me razor burn - i had the PAA DOC but sold it after maybe 10 shaves cause it irritated my skin a lot...

From what I understand the PAA DOC is a pretty aggressive razor though. I would find something much less aggressive, but with a little more blade exposure than say a Tech or SS...with a nice, sharp blade. But your situation is a tough one. Good luck to you.

From what I understand the PAA DOC is a pretty aggressive razor though. I would find something much less aggressive, but with a little more blade exposure than say a Tech or SS...with a nice, sharp blade. But your situation is a tough one. Good luck to you.
yes its hell to be sure... its the teeth of the OC´s that gives me razor burn... thank you for your well wishes

Feather Popular with a feather blade might be for you. Or you might want to look into one of he slant razors.
i have the popular, very nice razor, but again its very mild on the beard as well as the skin. i have a fine superlite slant and i have had a 37c - i dont see them being any better then a straight bar razor...

Top Bottom