Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Gents, its time to part with some pipes and make room for recent purchases. I'm happy to provide detailed pictures and measurements of any of the pipes you're interested in. Starting in the upper left corner, working across each row and then down to the next:
1. Mark Tinsky/American Smoking Pipes sandblasted bent pear. Marked PIPE 2006 8/12 which makes me believe it's a club pipe of some kind. Beautiful and in great shape, barely smoked. $125
2. Moonshine Pipe Co. XXX Triple Distilled Poker - unsmoked, and amazing birdseye on this one! Truly beautiful pipe. However, the pipe has stain on the inside of the bowl which I don't like. Can be cleaned out, I just don't want to deal with is. A deal at $100
3. Il Ceppo bent calabash with decorative wood trim rim. Not a true calabash, but a beauful pipe and a great smoker. Some minor teeth marks on the stem and a little rim discoloration. $120.
4. Hardcastle Walnut bent bulldog w/ sterling silver band. Made in London, a nice solid smoker in great condition. Some teeth marks on stem, a few spots of rim discoloration, and a spot of rim softening at 9 o'clock on the rim. Still very good condition. $50
5. GBD Prehistoric 269 Bulldog. Nice well-used pipe with clean perspex stem. The pipe has been smoked a lot and shows it--there's some rim softening, a little rim discoloration, and the draft hole is slightly enlarged in the bowl. The pipe has also been overbuffed and the sandblast is a little faint, but still quite nice. This one is a good smoker and the draw is nice and open. Still lots of life left in this workhorse. $40
6. GBD "London Made" New Standard 269 Bulldog. Nice grain on this solid smoker. There are a few cosmetic fills near the heel, some teeth marks on the stem, and a little rim softening and discoloration. Still good shape and tons of life left. $45
7. GBD Varichrome 9437 pot. Very nice shape. Tiny tooth mark on the top of the stem, and a little discoloration on the rim. One unfilled pit on the top of the pipe where the bowl meets the stem. Otherwise perfect with nice grain. It's a sitter, too. $60
8. No longer available.
9. Savinelli Capri Bruna 904. A beautiful military mount pipe with great rustication. Very clean example of this pipe from the 60s or 70s. A little discoloration on the rim. Really nice pipe. $75
10. Briar Works Bambino brandy. A nice little nosewarmer, barely smoked. Nice blast and smokes great. I just have too many smaller pipes and this one isn't seeing any love. Perfect. $60
11. No longer available.
12. Morta Pipo Ciro 2013 military billiard with sterling silver. A nice blasted morta billiard. Well smoked by the previous owner and one small spot of char at the top of the bowl on the inside at 3 o'clock. I will mud this if you want or leave it for you to inspect--your choice. Still a great smoker and tons of life left. Price reflects condition. $120
13. African Meerschaum cherrywood. Very well used and the pipe has some condition problems. In particular, there are two cracks on the shank that are opposite each other. To my eye these are old cracks and are very stable, and haven't presented any problems in the 2 years I've owned the pipe. I feel comfortable smoking it and it should give plenty of life to the next owner. However because of the cracks, it's cheap. Also lots lots of minor teeth chatter on the stem and the rim has a small chip but it's old and colored up nicely so it's not that noticeable. $15.
Shipping is $5 for CONUS for any number of pipes; shipping to Canada or overseas is at cost. I will also send some extra items with any purchase, such as softy bits, pipe tool, cleaners, etc. And again, I'll provide good pictures for any pipe you're interested in. If you're interested in a pipe but think my price is off, feel free to make an offer.