What's new

Pipecleaners

Are the pipe cleaners that kids use for crafts different from the ones used for cleaning pipes. Since I’ve started with a pipe, about a year ago, I’ve been buying my pipe cleaners from the dollar store. They seem to do the job fine but I haven’t bought the pipe cleaners that are sold by tobacco/pipe vendors to compare. The shorter tobacco/pipe vendor pipe cleaners seem to have a significantly higher price than I’m paying, especially since I cut them in half essentially doubling my bounty. Am I missing out?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
How much are those hobby pipe cleaners? I think the regular BJ Longs are around a buck a pack.

Most of the hobby shop pipe cleaners are acrylic, so they don't absorb moisture like the cotton actual pipe cleaners do.

The packs I buy are $1 and there’s 80 in a pack. (160 when I cut them in half due to the length.) They do absorb well. I might just try some of the other ones anyway. The price really is negligible and it has always been more of a convenience thing.
How much are those hobby pipe cleaners? I think the regular BJ Longs are around a buck a pack.

Most of the hobby shop pipe cleaners are acrylic, so they don't absorb moisture like the cotton actual pipe cleaners do.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

I also use the BJ Long ones. I just order a pack or two when I make a tobacco order. I think I have over 500 of them in my accessories tobacco cabinet. If you have a problem with the "fluff" left behind just lightly pinch the pipe cleaner between you forefinger and thumb and "comb" the excess fluff from it before you use it. Only takes a second.

The Dill's, that you can find about anywhere, have also worked okay for me but they are a bit more expensive per cleaner.

B. J. Long Regular Pipe Cleaners (100 pack) | Smokingpipes.com

Dill's Smoking Pipe Cleaners Cotton 1 pk - Ace Hardware

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If it ain’t broke...

I do have a wide array of different pipe cleaners though, extra absorbent, bristle, tapered, thinner, longer, etc. They all seem to have their place when needed.

Top Bottom