What's new

Pipe rack flaw

Received a new pipe rack in the mail today. The rack has a design flaw unfortunately. The top ring is too narrow. Stems of $image.jpg ents overlap the tobacco jar making it impossible to use without removing a number of pipes from the rack. Pretty much a rack for straight stems only. Bummer.

Received a new pipe rack in the mail today. The rack has a design flaw unfortunately. The top ring is too narrow. Stems of View attachment 721745 ents overlap the tobacco jar making it impossible to use without removing a number of pipes from the rack. Pretty much a rack for straight stems only. Bummer.

Thats sucks. Maybe you could put something under the jar to make it sit a little taller and easier to grab?

The rack is gorgeous. A twelve pipe rack that rotates. Just wasn't designed by a pipe smoker I'm guessing. I'll have to ponder what to do over a few bowls.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Buy more straight pipes and get another rack for your bents?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You have a nice rack there.

Oh, that didn't sound right.

Is that the Milan 12 pipe teak one?

That's the one I have that SWMBO got me for Christmas a few years ago.

$IMG_0006.jpg

I have several semi-bent ones and only one full bent one, but the only one I move the stem on when I take the 'baccy jar out to load a pipe is the full bent Peterson.

No big deal for me, but I only have the one full bent stem one.

I do really like the rack though, and the lid on the tobacco jar seals very well. This reminds me...I need to get the silicone grease out and dab a bit on the rubber O ring on the lid.

I'd just improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Again...you have a nice rack there.

I'll try the stem turning idea. Turning the pipes around was a good idea but doesn't work well on full bents like the Peterson 221.

You have a nice rack there.

Oh, that didn't sound right.

Is that the Milan 12 pipe teak one?

That's the one I have that SWMBO got me for Christmas a few years ago.

View attachment 721770

I have several semi-bent ones and only one full bent one, but the only one I move the stem on when I take the 'baccy jar out to load a pipe is the full bent Peterson.

No big deal for me, but I only have the one full bent stem one.

I do really like the rack though, and the lid on the tobacco jar seals very well. This reminds me...I need to get the silicone grease out and dab a bit on the rubber O ring on the lid.

I'd just improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Again...you have a nice rack there.

The very same one, just got it from Milan. I'll try turning the stems around. I have quite a few bents, usually quarter bents, but a couple of full bents too.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
She counted my pipes today and said "good grief" with the practiced eye roll.

Just hide your extra pipes and rotate them into the rack from time to time...she won't notice.

This is from a practiced hider...that has been busted many times so take it for what it's worth. :biggrin1:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I just adjusted my full bent Peterson to see how it did.

If you don't want to turn the full bents 180 due to presentation concerns, try turning them about 45 degrees or so until the jar clears the stems. Just a thought. Play with it...improvise, adapt...well, you know.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I don't think my wife likes you very much. She counted my pipes today and said "good grief" with the practiced eye roll.

It's al about packages out. The wife looks at my pipes and says wow that's a lot, and I say, honey I sent 4 out this week. All is well (even though 2 were PIFs and 2 were returns, otherwise known as almost more new pipes).

My "fix it" mind is always looking for a solution. If you can find a similar, smaller round rack that would fit in the center and remove the jar, you would have a stack-able, two tier rotating rack. Oh yea, and room for more pipes. ;-)

Top Bottom