What's new

PIPE! Presenting, for your enjoyment, The 2014 B&B Brown Leaf LE Pipe!

Grrr - the USPS Priority 2-Day shipping is into its third day. There hasnt been an update to the package's tracking since 16-Sept!

This morning's pickup of the iPhone at the Apple Store was a debacle, as their network collapsed under strain 15 minutes after the doors opened. My pre-order pickup took close to 3 hrs and everytime I was about to split and return later - the teasing "alright, we are back" would come from one of the Apple folks walking the line.

My plan of firing up the new smoove pipe whilst I used the new phone is going off the rails

This is a stunning pipe, NUMBER 20 here.
proxy.php

Thanks again guys for putting this together!

Updated List:

• Borderdog: B&T 21/24
  • WithTheGrain: Smooth 1/24
  • Mapster: Smooth 8/24
  • jiminyshiznit: Smooth 13/24 (coolest pic and number so far :thumbup1:)
  • nortac: Smooth 9/24
  • Shave_Rat: B&T 22/24
  • spazchowww: Smooth 6/24
  • Hirsute: Smooth 2/24
  • cwf71: B&T 23/24
  • Whiskey Badger: Smooth 5/24, B&T 19/24
  • seanmckay: B&T 16/24
  • Riff Raff: B&T 15/24
  • inkcoffee: B&T (with super special amber stem) 20/24
  • Price: Smooth 14/24
  • cursethis: B&T 18/24
  • Blue_2: Smooth 3/24
  • 73Mountaineer: B&T 17/24

I have no answer for the different markings, but will ask Mark about it next week. I wonder if it is the same stain but the briar took the stain differently, giving it a slightly different shade.

Last edited:
I have no answer for the different markings, but will ask Mark about it next week. I wonder if it is the same stain but the briar took the stain differently, giving it a slightly different shade.

On one of Mark's pages regarding finishes, halfway down, are examples of the finishes which show that the markings do indicate they are different, and not just the briar taking the stain differently..

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Price-and-Grading.html

From Mark's site:
Pristine: Is a very light understain which is used to highlight the grain

Cabernet: Is a two tone stain, usually with a dark brown or black underneath with a brown , red or orange overstain.

On one of Mark's pages regarding finishes, halfway down, are examples of the finishes which show that the markings do indicate they are different, and not just the briar taking the stain differently..

http://webshop.amsmoke.com/Price-and-Grading.html

I get that. However, the differences in actual coloration of the pipes may have resulted from how the briar took the stain, not that a different stain was actually used. In any event, with the pictures shown here, it is very difficult to tell if the pipes even are actually a different color or if it is just how they appear in the different pictures. Without the lighting and other factors being equal, some look darker, but the "pristine" marked pipes appear to be true to the coloration of the prototype, which was a two tone stain.

From Mark's site:
Pristine: Is a very light understain which is used to highlight the grain

Cabernet: Is a two tone stain, usually with a dark brown or black underneath with a brown , red or orange overstain.

All of the smooth pipes were to be a combination/two-tone stain so I will have to inquire with Mark why some are marked differently.

All of the smooth pipes were to be a combination/two-tone stain so I will have to inquire with Mark why some are marked differently.

I don't know if you are stressing about this,but regardless of what we were to get I am very happy. My pipe is gorgeous whether it is supposed to be pristine or cabernet!

#14 was waiting for me when I got home yesterday from a week underway. Here he is with his two older brothers...

$DSCF1828.jpg

Top Bottom