What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

C&D Shandygaff in a Diplomat 5th Avenue.

proxy.php

A slice of Heinrichs Curly Block in my old SNAPkleen. I love this old pipe, kind of a 1930s fore-runner to the more modern reverse calabash. But instead of the shank being hollow, it's actually the vulcanite stem that is hollowed out and the tenon is on the shank side and acts as a venturi nozzle.

proxy.php
Is that tobacco blend really worth it's price? Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake is an excellent blend, comes tinned, and costs much less...

Well, lol, hard to say at this point as I've only had one bowl. The price hurt my feelings as well. :) It's very good, but I'll have to smoke it for a while to see if I think it's worth it. I really wanted it because it's a 250 gram solid plug but the premium IS pretty stiff. For me it's a pretty straight Virginia, I had a hard time finding the perique. I'll have to smoke it in a few other pipes to really feel like I've gotten the full flavor profile.

Well, lol, hard to say at this point as I've only had one bowl. The price hurt my feelings as well. :) It's very good, but I'll have to smoke it for a while to see if I think it's worth it. I really wanted it because it's a 250 gram solid plug but the premium IS pretty stiff. For me it's a pretty straight Virginia, I had a hard time finding the perique. I'll have to smoke it in a few other pipes to really feel like I've gotten the full flavor profile.
Thanks for the reply. [emoji106]

Peterson Baskerville loaded with DH MyMixture that I dumped, it need to be jarred and aged a little, a local blend that is like a better captain black royal, and finally a bowl of DH Nightcap and two fingers of Lagavoulin

20170723_133317.jpg
Escudo rubbed out in my Peterson 106 that I picked up this weekend. First time with Escudo. With a local IPA called Pub Crawl, seemed appropriate for watching the Open.

Top Bottom