What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

I've decided to stop wasting good tobacco during the break in period for my H.Cor meer. Until I've exorcised the meer dust and funkiness, I'm switching to Carter Hall. On the bright side, I've had this stupid box of Carter Hall sitting in my cellar for 2-3 years, and I've never felt the urge to reach for it before now. Is it weird that I've been smoking for 4-5 years and this is the first time I'm having CH?

So... Carter Hall in my H.Cor RC (and for the foreseeable future)

I started with a pipe in 2004 and I've never had Carter Hall, Captain Black, or any of the other OTC blends. I don't think it's weird at all. In my case there was a Tinderbox near by, and an internet full of vendors. Not much need to try OTC.

Not weird. I've never smoked Carter Hall, and with as much tobacco as I've laid in already, I doubt I ever will.

I started with a pipe in 2004 and I've never had Carter Hall, Captain Black, or any of the other OTC blends. I don't think it's weird at all. In my case there was a Tinderbox near by, and an internet full of vendors. Not much need to try OTC.

Surprisingly, it wasn't bad... aside from the lovely meer dust topping.

Lunch time LBeF in a custom built.

proxy.php

"Exorcising the Stank" bowl #2 of the day...

1:1 mix of Carter Hall and Frog Morton Cellar... Carter Hall Cellar? Frog Hall Cellar? Carter Morton Cellar?

So, I've been slowly trying to work through this jar of FMC since 2013. I liked the first 5 or so bowls of FMC, but then shortly after it stopped tasting good. I put it away and occasionally break it out to see if I can ever get it to taste good again... to no avail.

So, the good news is that the Carter Hall cuts the offensiveness of the FMC, and makes it a bearable mild English blend. It also gives some latakia to try to help get rid of the skunk in the air chamber, that I still haven't smoked out. The bowl, for the most part, is almost there... but this air chamber will not go quietly without a fight.

"Exorcising the Stank" bowl #2 of the day...

1:1 mix of Carter Hall and Frog Morton Cellar... Carter Hall Cellar? Frog Hall Cellar? Carter Morton Cellar?

So, I've been slowly trying to work through this jar of FMC since 2013. I liked the first 5 or so bowls of FMC, but then shortly after it stopped tasting good. I put it away and occasionally break it out to see if I can ever get it to taste good again... to no avail.

So, the good news is that the Carter Hall cuts the offensiveness of the FMC, and makes it a bearable mild English blend. It also gives some latakia to try to help get rid of the skunk in the air chamber, that I still haven't smoked out. The bowl, for the most part, is almost there... but this air chamber will not go quietly without a fight.
Carton Cellar?

I'm actually a big fan of carter hall.

Quite enjoyable to me

I guess I was being snooty, since I despised SWR Aromatic and all things Borkum Riff. I mean... it ain't Escudo, but it's pleasant in a simple kind of way.

I also think it's a good base for mixing tobaccos together, as it's relatively neutral and imparts body to the smoke. I could see myself mixing it with a VA and maybe tossing in some blending perique to get a VaBurPer.

I guess I was being snooty, since I despised SWR Aromatic and all things Borkum Riff. I mean... it ain't Escudo, but it's pleasant in a simple kind of way.

I also think it's a good base for mixing tobaccos together, as it's relatively neutral and imparts body to the smoke. I could see myself mixing it with a VA and maybe tossing in some blending perique to get a VaBurPer.
Like hearth and home viprati?

I have some, but I haven't actually tried Viprati yet. So, I have no idea if it'd mix well with CH.

I was thinking about mixing it with something like McClelland Red Cake or H&H Anniversary Kake, and then adding some McClelland mixing perique.
I thought viprati was a VaPer with Burley... Oh well. All the above. Carry-on. Have fun. Super bowl.

I thought viprati was a VaPer with Burley... Oh well. All the above. Carry-on. Have fun. Super bowl.

It is, it has some dark fired burley in it. I've been working my way through a tin, and it's actually a really solid smoke. Not enough burley to really tell it's in there, but it's a super smooth easy VAPer flavor. I'm finding it smoother and nicer than Elizabethan so far, I'm hoping that the Elizabethan mellows out once aged.

Wish the falcons won.

Having the remainder of my intended celebratory lagunitas with a bowl of speakeasy in the Ser Jacopo cutty.

proxy.php

Top Bottom