What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

A homemade blend of 5100 and C&D granulated perique in a Ser Jacopo rusticated Dublin

proxy.php

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Beautiful pipe Andrew! What proportions of 5100/Perique did you use?

For me my POTD was H&H Old Dark Fired in a Country Gentleman cob with a Forever stem.

A homemade blend of 5100 and C&D granulated perique in a Ser Jacopo rusticated Dublin

proxy.php

That is another sweet SJ, Andrew.

5100 & perique is, I think, the best-tasting combo from my frankenblending experiments earlier this year. I used 8:1.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Breaking in a new Savinelli Bianca 320KS with some Lane Medal of Valor. I originally packed Newminster No. 403 Superior Round Slices, but it was the last of an opened jar, and it was just too dry.

$IMG_20161008_145206579.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Nice, I love the 320. Got a 2016 St. Nicholas 320 On the way.

A Savinelli 320KS was one of only about four or five pipes left in my "wanted pipes" list.

Judging by pictures I think is year's Saint Nicholas pipes look really cool. I like the looks of this year's better than the past few years. I was very close to ordering a Savinelli St. Nick 311KS last night, but I ended up getting a Sav Marte 311KS instead. I'll be looking forward to seeing your 320 in the Tobacquisitions thread when it comes in. :001_smile

That is another sweet SJ, Andrew.

5100 & perique is, I think, the best-tasting combo from my frankenblending experiments earlier this year. I used 8:1.

Thanks Price.

I think I had a 6-1 ratio for this. Made another batch but with C&D bright va Flake, 5100 and the granulated perique. Gonna let it sit for a couple of months first.

Thanks Price.

I think I had a 6-1 ratio for this. Made another batch but with C&D bright va Flake, 5100 and the granulated perique. Gonna let it sit for a couple of months first.

I pressed mine, cut off a couple flakes to sample, jarred about an ounce to take to Vegas, and buried the rest at the bottom of the war chest.

Top Bottom