What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

I thought they stopped making all Dunhill pipe tobacco?

Orlik is blending them under license, and CAO is the new US importer. They started showing up again in the fall.

50g
Early Morning Pipe
Standard Mixture Medium
Nightcap
The Royal Yacht
My Mixture 965
Dunhill Flake
Dunhill London Mixture
Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

Set the wayback machine:

1998 vintage McClelland Oriental Mixture No. 12 - "Rich and Full-Flavored, especially appealing in the evening; still, spiced gently enough with Latakia and Turkish leaf to be a superb occasional tobacco for the individual who normally prefers lighter mixtures and Matured Virginias."

Smoking in a very attractive Ardor Fantasy smooth flame-grain.

Wow, that sounds amazing. Has it been aging in the tin or did you jar it?

Wow, that sounds amazing. Has it been aging in the tin or did you jar it?

Aging in the tin. I bought a LOT of tobacco that had been sitting gathering dust in local shops a number of years ago and stashed them away. If I reach into the file cabinet... let me pull out a few.

mid-90's C&D Pennington Gap
2000 McClelland No. 25 Matured Virginia
2001-ish Pease Samarra and Mephisto
A lone tin of 1991 McClelland St. James Woods, when it was tinned for Levin Pipes under the Personal Reserve Series
Two silver-foil 8-oz bags of Esoterica Cardiff and Hastings (unknown age, but at least 10 years)
Several 10+ year old tins of Torben Dansk Red Virginia No. 3 (fell in love with this blend one winter and then they discontinued it)

There's more floating round in there, but the secret to having a stash of aged tobacco seems to be to go nuts and buy way more than you can ever smoke and then forget about it. :blink:

Orlik is blending them under license, and CAO is the new US importer. They started showing up again in the fall.

50g
Early Morning Pipe
Standard Mixture Medium
Nightcap
The Royal Yacht
My Mixture 965
Dunhill Flake
Dunhill London Mixture
Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

It's going to be a great year!!!

Late breakfast today. Made myself a double-Americano with beans fresh-roasted just up the road, warmed up a mixed-berry and oat scone from the local bakery, and settled in with some Pease Haddo's Delight in an old Dunhill sandblast bulldog.

Now to leisurely plot the rest of my day. Considering a road trip to Boswell Pipes in Chambersburg, PA tomorrow.

A hot cup of Sumatran in the left hand, Esoterica Penzance in the mighty Missouri Meerschaum Freehand in the other.

Feeling some of the holiday stress melting away. :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

I find myself with not much to do until its time to get ready to go out tonight. So I thought I'd repeat yesterday's smoke as it really hit the spot. I'll reuse my last pic of it since I missed it yesterday.

Esoterica Penzance in a Missouri Meerschaum Freehand

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom