What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

G. L. Pease Embarcadero in my MM bent Patriot. Lightly spicy and mellow. I need to spend time with this one before I make any big statements.

My advise for any one starting is twofold. First never let anyone tell you what you're supposed to like. Aromatics get a bad rap, mainly because there are a lot of bad ones out there. But many of my favorite regular smokes should be classified as aromatic; G&H chocolate flake, G&H rum flake, G&H dark scented flake, SG mayors chocolate flake, SG grousmoore plug, SG 1792 Flake. Some may try to kid themselves that they are different, but to my mind if you flavor or scent the tobacco in a noticeable way it is an aromatic. Those are my preferences by the way not necessarily recommendations. There are many truly high quality aromatics made with top notch tobac and natural flavorings/liqueurs. If you find the aromatic to be your favorite let us know in a post! I know of some great blenders who make top notch blends of the sort. The frustration can run high in finding that first bit of joy when starting. I went through some difficulty before I found blends rich enough to satisfy my particular palate, but when I did it was fantastic.

Second if your trying a new type and it doesn't suit you jar it up and save it, properly stored tobacco will age indefinitely, and you can try it again later when your in the mood for something different. Also you shouldn't let one blend, or bender for that matter, of a type ruin your impressions of that style of tobacco. For example I don't care for most dutch aromatics, but that doesn't mean I don't like aromatics.

Above all smoke what you like, and like what you smoke.

Thank you for the sage advice. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Sunday had some MacB's Burley London Blend in the Peterson bulldog and last night had a local store's cavendish in a Turkish Meerschaum calabash.
Two totally different smokes - both very enjoyable!

I'm getting tired of this baccy.
Perhaps it's time for Amateur Tobacco Blender and kick it up a notch with something else. Either that or jar it up for another year.

Peterson Holiday Season 2010 in a Dr Grabow Savoy

C&D Da Vinci...again :bored:. I'm getting tired of this baccy.

Ahh variety is the spice...
I am enjoying the sample you sent my way (thanks again)! BTW, how is that well-aged (and "Single-malted") Pembroke tasting?
:thumbup1:

Just breaking in my new Brebbia 624! :thumbup1:
proxy.php

Ahh variety is the spice...
I am enjoying the sample you sent my way (thanks again)! BTW, how is that well-aged (and "Single-malted") Pembroke tasting?
:thumbup1:

It was awesome. I think it overshadowed the Penzance just because the 'tin' aroma was so good. I wanted to eat it, but I decided that the flavor would last longer if I smoked it instead.

:w00t:

I never thought of eating any – thanks for the laugh!
It is good alongside a tumbler of your favorite libation.

This thread would be better with more pictures that being said I'm not posting a picture lol today it's Boswell's Raspberries and cream in a boswell swirl pipe

Some local Balkan blend with a bit of perique. In a cob. I'm hoping to use this leaf up so I can free up the storage jar for something else.

Top Bottom