What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Twin to yesterday’s post: Mark Tinsky bent apple 4x in tan blast, packed with McClelland #5125 Coyote Classic

5B00DDA8-8400-4E0D-8D39-9C6D40E375BE.jpeg

Up early, for a coffee and a pre-breakfast pipe: Edgeworth Match in my Colossal billiard. Edgeworth does not really need drying time on a saucer to light and burn well. I got a little molasses from it, and earlier a hint of woodsmoke; not sure where that came from.

It's also my first pipe in a few days -- always something to appreciate.

MM Mark Twain stuffed with Straus Sleepy Hollow

I understand now why this blend has such a following. This is a very pleasant aromatic.
This is one of those blends that works very well as a long smoke, it takes time for it to really open up. Definite cinnamon and nutmeg undertones. I look forward to seeing how this blend tastes as it ages. I think I might even get some more and cellar it for a few years.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Irish X in a Kirsten. I tried to anodize the body, but it was a miserable failure. Several spots corroded and the aluminum did not take any color. I sent it to Alabama Ceracoat for a coating. I think it turned out nice. The zippo is my sons birth year, I scribbled on it with an engraver. Lol.

B0790F02-8740-46AA-85F3-361E0B937079.jpeg

Had these in the drawer for a while and decided today is the day to bring them out. First smoke for both. Dunhill My Mixture 221 Baker Street in a Dunhill Root Briar. Not really my taste in tobacco preferring milder smokes. The wind was quite challenging had to cradle the pipe inside cupped hands to protect it. Packed it in after 20 minutes, wasn't worth damaging the pipe.

53E64F98-848E-4778-8841-883E68E9607D.jpeg

Rusticated briar stuffed with Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic.

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I like how the aromatic element is secondary to the flavor of the tobacco itself and the blend is well balanced between the burley and virginia. I will definitely be keeping this in the rotation.

Top Bottom