What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
That's funny. I was thinking I'd prefer a meer lined bowl. Grass is always greener...

FWIW, I like my meer-lined Vauen. A fine smoker with a decent-sized chamber and a substantial lining.

But I do find I don't smoke it as often as the others. Maybe I'll smoke it today.

20210714_164731.jpg
That's what the package says in a no name basket pipe.

A mix of Carter Hall plus Match Field & Stream in my pot-bowl Rigoletto with the swirled acrylic stem. Nice thick walls and a good clenchable bit. The mix lit well, but I had to interrupt my smoke for about 15 minutes, and had to relight twice until the tobacco tasted a little ashy and was getting warm. I tapped it out and saw almost no dottle, so I did something right. And enjoyed the smoke, which is the important thing.

I like the components in the blend. How'd it smoke?
It's not bad at all. I think the Latakia needs a little more age on it, instead of a campfire woodsy smoke it's a little bit of burning rubber. But only little bits here and there. Drying out certainly helps. It packs and lights well, burning down to find white ash with no moisture in the bowl and minimal relights.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Some Duke Albert in a Vauen Francesco with the coffee this morning.

After grocery shopping with Mrs. Columbo, probably back to the LLRR in the AC as I watch the afternoon heat through the window.

Then, some charcoal patio cooking with perhaps some Escudo or MB Navy Flakes, washed down with a couple Hamms.

One of those days where it’s all planned out. Now we’ll see where God takes it.

Top Bottom