What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Granger in a GBD Panel
E228B770-9D48-414C-A89A-3A71D871918E.jpeg

My inaugural smoke of C & D's Gentleman Caller in a hardwood Missouri Meerschaum straight apple. I kept it short, about 10 minutes, as the tobacco began to burn a a little hot in my mouth despite my sipping. Part of the problem: a sticky breeze outside that really kept the smoke streaming out of the bowl.

Believe it or don't, but my brother and I used to see lightning bugs on summer nights in the French Quarter. They'd swoop around our patio. We'd trap one or two in a Tang jar with holes punched in the lid and watch them flicker on and off for an evening, then unscrew the jar and let them go.

that brought back memories @Benzadmiral . as a kid I got paid per jar of lightning bugs. one of my parents friends had a company that paid for these. said they were using the oil or some part of the bug for something.....research......I dunno????

had to keep them in the freezer until they were picked up as per instruction.

needless to say I spent many a summer night in the big back field.

camo

Smoked a little Half & Half in the Italian London Briar, the small basket pipe that seemingly was made for that blend. Nice to sip my coffee and meander back and forth between the air-conditioned living room and the nasty high-humidity warmth outside. It's drier but much hotter outside now (4 pm), so I think I'll pass on another pipe until tomorrow.

Two small smokes today. First, C & D's Gentleman Caller in the new MM hardwood straight apple. The smoke and the bowl itself began to get hot after about 10 minutes. I tapped that out and loaded a half bowl of Edward G. Robinson into my Jansen bent apple and got about 15 minutes with that. It was a much cooler smoke, and the bowl began to feel only warm toward the end as I expected, not hot.

I divided my time between the outdoors and my living room. In both cases there was a bit of a sticky "breeze" outside, so both blends might have burned a little faster than usual.

Top Bottom