What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Very old Sydney P. Ram billiard with very dry Five Brothers. Can’t seem to taste tobacco today so I opted for a bit of vitamin N.
403C5434-A9EB-435E-8057-E85174D6AA73.jpeg

brand spankin' new landed at the door today Peterson 303 black dress system with Navy Flake of course.
View attachment 1239436life is good.

camo

I will say I've had some Carter Hall in this one too in the name of breaking the bowl in with some high sugar content.

quite marvelous. I'd say it would go well well with morning coffee.

'cause we all know breaking in a new bowl with high sugar content has never been a bad thing.......just pointing out the obvious to me.

camo

My inaugural smoke of the My Own Blend/Stanwell straight billiard, with Sutliff Match Field & Stream. The smoke was excellent; the tobacco burned easily without a hint of tongue bite and with only one relight needed at :15 out of 25 minutes. The pipe is very light, but I still found it hard to clench the acrylic stem. I don't do that much during a smoke -- I tend to shift my pipe to one side of my mouth or the other, and to puff while holding the current pipe in one hand. It's why I find it hard to conceive of smoking while driving. But it seemed a bit precarious. I suppose I'll have to invest in some rubber bits.

This is my first straight billiard. I have 2 billiards with lightly bent stems, and one small apple that is straight. This one when loaded has a slightly different balance from any of those.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
On the road a bit today, so the piping bookended things.

This morning was four helpings of PA in a Grabow Royalton. Breakfast of Champions.

After dinner was leftovers: Some very old, very dry, MB Scottish Mix, in a Vauen Konsul, to get rid of it (the tobacco, not the pipe). Paired with a three day old open can of diet Dr. Pepper that I forgot about. It was actually a nice combo.

A rainy dreary morning today, and I'm working from home so I won't have to fight the deep water and risk my car in flood waters. Seems like a good morning for a GBD bent apple loaded with Edward G. Robinson:

GBD_Bent_Apple.jpg

Finished up my GBD smoke with EGR from above. I tried something new: I lit it, tamped, relit, smoked for about 12 minutes, then took a 10 minute break. After that I relit twice for another 10 minutes or so. Less "pepperiness" in my tongue, which suggests that it's the tobacco getting hot that is giving me that sensation.

I am surprised that you only got 22 minutes of smoking time. I would consider packing a bit tighter. That could help the tobacco burn slower and cooler.

I am surprised that you only got 22 minutes of smoking time. I would consider packing a bit tighter. That could help the tobacco burn slower and cooler.
Well, 22 is about right for me. It's a small pipe, and I didn't fill it all the way to the top, though I did pack it pretty firmly.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Well, 22 is about right for me. It's a small pipe, and I didn't fill it all the way to the top, though I did pack it pretty firmly.

Twenty-two pleasant minutes is better than 40 rough ones. If you are enjoying it, stick with it. That’s why they sell pocket tobacco pouches.

And, as a point of reference, outdoor and on-the-go smokes are almost always going to run quicker than the easy chair ones.

Twenty-two pleasant minutes is better than 40 rough ones. If you are enjoying it, stick with it. That’s why they sell pocket tobacco pouches.

And, as a point of reference, outdoor and on-the-go smokes are almost always going to run quicker than the easy chair ones.
Oh, I stood by the screen door, but indoors. It's raining heavily today -- the reason I'm working from home.

Top Bottom